Gibsons Stearman CS

Well, for what its worth... i did my first Color Scheme attempt. I was just experimenting with the basics and changed the first red stearman CS that I got off swaps and put onthe checkerboard tail, changed the landing gear and top wing stripes... Whatcha think for my first try???

Attachments

• Copy of ScreenShot1336765816.jpg
    Copy of ScreenShot1336765816.jpg
    366.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Copy of ScreenShot1336765772.jpg
    Copy of ScreenShot1336765772.jpg
    358.8 KB · Views: 11
Wow Gibson, those look real nice. Your a natural. If you put the cam. in chase view, then taxi away from yourself....turn around......come back toward yourself, you can get some real good closeups shots. Use the "+" key to get even closer. Play with it for awhile, you`ll see ;):D:D:D. Feel free to post some pics here if you want, or better yet, the screenshots thread.
If I was you, I would post it to the swap pages. Take some pics., so you can post them with you CS

Last edited:
Wow Gibson, those look real nice. Your a natural. If you put the cam. in chase view, then taxi away from yourself....turn around......come back toward yourself, you can get some real good closeups shots. Use the "+" key to get even closer. Play with it for awhile, you`ll see ;):D:D:D. Feel free to post some pics here if you want, or better yet, the screenshots thread.
If I was you, I would post it to the swap pages. Take some pics., so you can post them with you CS

If you are using RF6 you can drop this file in your "scripts' folder found in MyDocuments. Then start RF go to a 3D field at any point you can hit both the "B"and "N" keys and your model will lock in position and orientation. Then you can use the WASD keys to walk to it if it's on the ground or if in the air first hit the "Q" key then you can fly the camera up to it for nice screenies. A quick way to get to your frozen plane is to hit either the "E" or the "ctrl+E" to snap to the models location. This will make for great screen shots.

Another quick tip for those who don't know. You can use "Shift+Home/End" to adjust the Suns azimuth and "Shift+PageUp/PageDown" to adjust the Suns inclination. Once you have a nice shot framed up adjust the Sun for a more dramatic shot.

Attachments

• startup.rfscript
    43 bytes · Views: 4
Last edited:
Interestingly enough, i actually did it with microsoft paint. My problem with GIMP is that it will not let me "save as" a tga file... it will only save as some .xcf file, which i can't convert at all to anything else as its not even recognized by any other program BUT gimp. I need help figuring that out

In the "save as" window, down towards the bottom, you will see "select file type". Click the + to open the drop down, scroll down to Targa (.tga). done.

Attachments

• zzz.jpg
    zzz.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 4
I tried that. TGA is not a file option, only xcf, gz, xcfgz, and bz2 file types are alloud. When i just try to overwrite the ftga file it pops up a box saying gimp only "save as" in xcf format

Does the file you open come in as a .tga? If you exported the file from RF correctly you should have a .tga in the CS folder that you will work with. Something doesn't sound right.

the file is a tga, and gimp will open it, but after I make the CS, i can no save it as a tga

Can you post a screeny of your expanded save menu as well as the.tga as it shows when you open it in gimp?

If it opens a .tga, it should save one as well. However, if you are comfortable with your other program, and it works, enjoy. That's what it's all about.;)

Last edited:
Just close the tga and say yes when it asks to save changes and thats it

If it opened as a .tga it will save close as a .tga

I'll give this stuff a try. But before I do, i just wanted to say thank you to all of you for being so generous with your time and advice... especially with a newbie. I appreciate it!

If you are using RF6 you can drop this file in your "scripts' folder found in MyDocuments. Then start RF go to a 3D field at any point you can hit both the "B"and "N" keys and your model will lock in position and orientation. Then you can use the WASD keys to walk to it if it's on the ground or if in the air first hit the "Q" key then you can fly the camera up to it for nice screenies. A quick way to get to your frozen plane is to hit either the "E" or the "ctrl+E" to snap to the models location. This will make for great screen shots.

I'm new so i'm probably doing it wrong, but the WASD stuff only works on the ground. In flight, even if I hit Q, the camera just stops and the plane flies off into the distance. The screen notifications tell me that I can lock the camera position of I hit ESC or click the left mouse button, but it doesn't .

Some more progress shots

Attachments

• ScreenShot1336785173.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785173.jpg
    166.5 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot1336785186.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785186.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot1336785120.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785120.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 5
  • ScreenShot1336785428.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785428.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot1336785467.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785467.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 3
more

Attachments

• ScreenShot1336785230.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785230.jpg
    344.8 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShot1336785380.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785380.jpg
    357.5 KB · Views: 3
  • ScreenShot1336785265.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785265.jpg
    378.8 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot1336785545.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785545.jpg
    383.2 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShot1336785651.jpg
    ScreenShot1336785651.jpg
    410.1 KB · Views: 4
Did you use the script file? WASD works even in the once you hit the Q. That's a RF default keyboard shortcut. Carefully read my post it should be all you need to know to get it done. I use it all the time.

Back