doug schluter

Goldberg Tiger 120 Hemi Green Black_CS

SO, does that make you a Mopar guy..??? ? ? I`ve always been partial to Hemi`s, Although I`m a Chevy guy, wish Chevy & Ford came out with them as well, in order to equal out the playing field, I think it would/might have been a patenting infringement thing though, not sure...hemi engines have been around since the early fifty`s, to the best of my knowledge (maybe/probably sooner...???, sounds like a google project LOL...)..My first experience with one was when my high school buddie`s dad bought him his first car in 1971...A 1953 Dodge Desoto...NOT EXACTLY a head turner...LOL,,,WHICH, had a FIRE DOME V8 in it,...a Hemi...???

did you get to run your mom's car when you were a young guy ? :) the 392 and the 426 were both good of course you can't beat cubic inches :)
When my mom traded in her Chevrolet Caprice, ( 1973 ) she purchased a gold Chevy Nova SS (hatch-back) with white racing stripes over the hood, top, and down the hatch! They didn't believe in buying their son a car, but he ( me ) got to take the 'Nova' on dates... not as good as a Camaro z28, but very close! ;)
Mom's was gold|white; but you get the idea!

9238895-1973-chevy-nova-ss-std.jpg

The only hot rod car I had growing up was a green Olds Cutlass 442. I remember the unibody Nova's. You would see then going down the road kinda sideways looking if they had been in a accident that bent things underneath.

Oh yeah many times.. it never lost. I left 187 feet of rubber on main street that's probably still there.
haha , i had my own after grad from school went to work in the huge mill up here at the time almost 3000 people worked in that saw mill and paper mill , needless to say first chance i had i got rid of my old 64 VW bug and bought a 68 chevell 4 speed muncie did up the the 327 to 30 over decked 10.5 pistons and 202 angle plug heads ported and polished and shaved with screw in studs and guide plates with 3 angle valve job and heavy duty springs and a lumpy cam it made a good 400 hp and revved to 8000 rpm that engine didn't come to life until you had at least 3500 rpm . (at that time you could buy a chev 327 factory up to 375 hp)
, i took out the input shaft gears and cluster shaft gears in the mucie 4 speed twice drag racing , good thing i was a mechainic :) but it went better than most big blocks at the time :)327.jpg

Last edited:
The link for the small-block isn`t working Doug...???...(well, at least for me), BUT, I`m well aware of its history, so I really don`t need to read it, but others might...??

Back