google earth

nappytedd

I am sure all of you have tried out google earth flight sim. As you know our interlink controllers work with it. the problem I have is that I have to use the flap gain to control rudder and its not so easy. has any one found a way to make the left stick control rudder movement. I know this is off g4.5 topic but I cant find info anywhere about using the interlink with GE and since every one here has the interlink somebody would know if it is possible. thanks in advance.

really? or are you just pulling my leg? it's pretty cool. tha graphics are not cool like RF but it's cool to be able to fly around places you know and places you want to see. there are only two planes SR22 and an f16. better first person veiw than RF with a heads up display, air speed and altimeter. I thought every one knew.

No, I honestly did not know. I would not have posted that, but I found it odd that you said that you were sure we've all tried that program.

There is rudder control. its channel 6 flap gain. the dial on the top right. I want to change it to the left stick like it should be though.

nappytedd said:
I am sure all of you have tried out google earth flight sim. As you know our interlink controllers work with it. the problem I have is that I have to use the flap gain to control rudder and its not so easy. has any one found a way to make the left stick control rudder movement. I know this is off g4.5 topic but I cant find info anywhere about using the interlink with GE and since every one here has the interlink somebody would know if it is possible. thanks in advance.
Thanks for the info.My interlink works great with the simulator.I fly Mode 1 ie elevator/rudder - left stick,Throttle/aileron -right stick. I'm amazed.I had no idea that the interlink worked with Google Earth.

I tried it last night after seeing this post and it does not recognize my Interlink Tx when it is plugged in. Flying with the mouse was a PITA!

So what do I need to do to get Google Earth to recognize my Interlink Tx?

Does 'anyone' have a clue why my interlink won't register with Google Earth?

Kmot said:
Does 'anyone' have a clue why my interlink won't register with Google Earth?

It took mine a little while for mine to recognize it. But if it won't work I wouldn't spend much time trying to get it to work... It's not that fun...Kind of stupid. IMHO

I think I will plug it in, run Google Earth, and just minimize it. Leave it connected and see if it eventually recognizes it.

It's working now. I plugged in the Interlink, started Google Earth, clicked on run Flight Simulator, and it saw the joystick enabled.

Much easier to navigate with the sticks! :D

No, rudder is on the rotary knob. I have become adept at using my index finger to work rudder while my thumb works the aileron.

My G3 Interlink is somewhat usable on the Google Flight Sim but very jumpy. You move the sticks about 1/32 of an inch and you are all over the place. Is there any way to turn the sensitivity down?

Back