Greetings all!

rytcd

hello everyone, i am a new member to this forum and though i'd let people know im here. i love this program and have been using it a while, this forum has helped me a lot and id like to say ive gotten fairly proficient with the aircraft editor largely because I had this as a resource, been modding planes like crazy XD. ive uploaded a small portion of my collection to the site and hope you will all approve of my work, do try them though, some are really fun ;) but keep in mind, they are all just modded versions of other planes and i dont intend to make any from scratch. i am likely to be hanging around the forums for a long time and look forward to learning from everyone.

till then,
Ryan

Last edited:
Special?

12oclockhigh said:
Can you tell us what is special about your variants that would make us want to download one?
Well, I'm not implying that my mods are the best out there or anything, but I've had fun with them at least. I'd encourage you to read their respective descriptions if you want a better answer. For now I'll just say i enjoy flying them so maybe others will as well. But then maybe I'm just biased, that's part of the reason I've uploaded them. And zellatio, only 2 are like that, and they weren't meant to beserious planes i just wondered how fast I could make them go XD. Or do you think i should stick to more realistic things for an rc plane like rockets or machine guns?

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums. I'm glad to see you so enthusiastic about being able to edit your own AV's. Realistic or not, it's a lot of fun to get proficient at it.

There are a LOT of AV's here that people edit to do similar things as your models and you will get a lot of grief from people about it. I'm sure you expect that since you've been scoping the forums for a while now though. :) Don't get discouraged by anyone's comments though. You'll be like the rest of us that love doing these AV's. You'll progress to create some unimaginable, unique and creative variants and hopefully you too will find the time and resources you need to create and develop your very own EA's.

One good tip I have for you is to create a few full scale aircraft AV's of planes, jets and helis. Well, at least a 400% size heli as I'm pretty sure it is impossible to create a flyable full scale heli AV. Doing these large size variants greatly exaggerates the physics handling characteristics and doing this has personally taught me tons about each parameter change. It's improved how I edit models greatly. Just don't post all of them to the swaps. If I posted all of my AV's to the swaps I would have around 150 variants many of which are pointless and redundant. LOL.

Salesman Ship...

So where is the sales pitch??? ... you have to explain why these AVs are worth our time to download... I gave you a soft pitch down the center... you popped out.

If you want downloads... you have to generate some excitement in your work. :)

12oclockhigh said:
So where is the sales pitch??? ... you have to explain why these AVs are worth our time to download... I gave you a soft pitch down the center... you popped out.

If you want downloads... you have to generate some excitement in your work. :)
hehe, thanks for the tip, but this pitch wasnt meant to be all about the mods. mostly i just wanted to say here i am. if you are looking for a pitch check out the descriptions of the planes (though thats not really what they are or are meant to be). but i dont really understand the phrase "popped out"... by the way i loved the "salesman ship" title :D

Last edited:
Originally Posted by rytcd
they weren't meant to be serious planes i just wondered how fast I could make them go XD. Or do you think i should stick to more realistic things for an rc plane like rockets or machine guns?
LOL! ! ! Good comeback rytcd !

Also, welcome to the club.............

Back