Greyed out Menu

mccann.402

Menu buttons greyed out/game won’t respond to controller
I currently attach my dx8e to my laptop with the spectrum w52000, but once real flight loads up all of the buttons on the top menu are greyed out and the game won’t respond to the controller

I saw others having this same issue…but I couldn’t find any answers on this forum.

Any ideas?

Just had a thought on this problem. The greyed out menu’s are like what happens when the Realflight window is not the currently active window. Now if when you load Realflight, it starts but doesn’t make the welcome dialog visable in front of the window displaying the flying field, instead hidden, then you wouldn’t be able to click the fly button.

I also noticed tonight the welcome screen has a check box to stop it being show in future. how about trying to alter the Realfligh.ini file to stop the welcome screen being displayed and get it to start directly in flying mode.

The Realfligh.ini file is in the Realflight9 subdirectory in your Documents folder. You can use Notepad to edit it. The line that controls the welcome dialog is in the [main] section and reads:
OpenWelcome=BOOL:Yes

this can be changed to
OpenWelcome=BOOL:No

Then start Realflight and see if it helps at all.

Also I might be dumb but I don’t believe my steam version has that file I put it in the search bar after going to properties and local files of the game

Mine is the Steam version the ini file is in Documents\Realflight9 diectory Just open file explorer click Documents then Realflight9 directory. Use Notpad to edit the file

My idea is that your is because you can’t see the welcome screen you can’t click fly to start the game. So by disabling the welcome screen the game should start.

If you don’t have the ini file then maybe the problem is there.

ops sorry the ini file is RealFlight.ini ( missed the t in my first post) it’s not hard to find

Last edited:
Back