Ground Handling (revisited)

r1derbike

I'm not sure where this needs to be posted, but please, please fix the ground-handling physics with the .430 update.

I like the new "feel" of .430, especially since modifying my favorite planes' parameters, but the inability to turn/taxi the aircraft, as if the rudder were not very effective, and the plane is sliding on ice, is really starting to bug me.

I would be MUCH happier if .430 had the crisp, sensitive ground-handling that .410 had.

Maybe a compromise may be reached. I like to taxi faster than a crawl, and when doing so, the plane responds by appearing to break ground traction when trying to turn, and "sliding" as if it were on ice.

I appreciate all the hard work on the updates everyone is doing, but this "quirk" needs to be addressed!

Charles

Last edited:
Agree..all heli's rotate

All heli's I have tried in .430 spin without reason on spin up. This was not a problem before this version except with turbin application on MD500.

r1derbike said:
I'm not sure where this needs to be posted, but please, please fix the ground-handling physics with the .430 update.

Charles

I've taken to fixing this a bit by editing the overall ground friction on the airport.

I usually set it to 1.4 to 1.6

Op:

Even with friction set to max of 2, the problem is still there. I don't know if the planes are virtually lighter (they seem to leap into the air) or they have more virtual torque, but the ground-handling is still wrong. It's like they have a turn, break friction, turn, break friction cycle. I like to feed aileron (right for right turns, left for left turns) when turning in a brisk taxi, to keep from dipping a wing (using prop-blast to stabilize), but doing that now makes the plane actually roll left or right (with aileron) and takeoff.

Too little weight, too much torque, or something else entirely, don't know.

I do know that modifying parameters here, affects parameters there, and juggling everything so that everything works in harmony is a daunting task.

It does need some work...

Charles

Last edited:
Back