Grumman F8F Bearcat

Cool. Do you like any twin planes with radials? F7f, p-61/rf-61 (photo recon (no guns)). Or maybe a plane with the engine out in the breeze? (Viewable from all sides)

I actually thought about the F7F or the B-26 because the B-25 has been done so much. But the bad thing about my 9 cylinder radial is back when I was having trouble getting it to work in the T-28 I cut the back half off to get rid of a lot of triangles thinking lowering the triangle count might make it work, but it didn't. But I tried again later and it worked and that's the same engine I used in the F8F, so the engine is cut off in the middle of the exhaust port. It looks fine in a cowl but wouldn't work for an open installation. But of course I could take the 7 cylinder radial and make a 9 cylinder radial again. But none-the-less I think I'm out of the modeling business for a bit. I'm just burnt out.

Last edited:
It should work as is in RF 7.5 too or at least it did when I checked last. I don't have RF 7.5 installed anymore do you have it?

Yes I have RF 7.5. Never saw a compelling reason to purchase RF 8.

The reason I ask is I wanted to upload my AV but it can only happen if the EA is on file.

So did you change anything the first time I downloaded it I got a zip file by the same name.

There are two different planes ... the Technoid panels and my panels and rivets ... both have different Bump maps as well ...

Which file is a ZIP FILE ... I tested the latest RFX files I uploaded, and did a clean overwrite with know issues.

Here is the next CS going up.

Attachments

• Blue Angel tribute 1.jpg
    Blue Angel tribute 1.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 9
  • Blue Angel tribute 2.png
    Blue Angel tribute 2.png
    488.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Blue Angel tribute 3.jpg
    Blue Angel tribute 3.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 7
  • Blue Angel tribute 4.jpg
    Blue Angel tribute 4.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 7
There are two different planes ... the Technoid panels and my panels and rivets ... both have different Bump maps as well ...

Which file is a ZIP FILE ... I tested the latest RFX files I uploaded, and did a clean overwrite with know issues.

Here is the next CS going up.

Very nice.. definitely a Cool CS.

I just grabbed it, thanks!

Last edited:
Yes I have RF 7.5. Never saw a compelling reason to purchase RF 8.

The reason I ask is I wanted to upload my AV but it can only happen if the EA is on file.

If you want post it here and I'll create an RF-8 AV for you and upload it here, then you can grab it and post it. You'll have it posted but in the RF-8 area.

If you want post it here and I'll create an RF-8 AV for you and upload it here, then you can grab it and post it. You'll have it posted but in the RF-8 area.

Thanks. Yes that would work.

The model "Description" states:

Physics edit by flip3d.

This version of Technoid's F8F is designed to give a scale flight experience as opposed to pure RC.

Control functions are as follows:
Ch. 5 controls dual mode of Ch. 8.
Ch. 8 controls "Canopy Retract/Smoke" or "Rocket Launch/Guns" depending on the position of Ch. 5 switch.
Ch. 7 controls "Retracts".
Ch. 6 controls "Flaps/Tailhook". NOTE: Knob rotation is reversed from EA.

This version gives a much different feel to this model and control function and input/output are substantially altered.

As always, thanks for an excellent model!

Attachments

• F8F-2 Bearcat.rfx
    874 KB · Views: 2
  • ScreenShot1529192678.jpg
    ScreenShot1529192678.jpg
    399.5 KB · Views: 6
Thanks. Yes that would work.

The model "Description" states:

Physics edit by flip3d.

This version of Technoid's F8F is designed to give a scale flight experience as opposed to pure RC.

Control functions are as follows:
Ch. 5 controls dual mode of Ch. 8.
Ch. 8 controls "Canopy Retract/Smoke" or "Rocket Launch/Guns" depending on the position of Ch. 5 switch.
Ch. 7 controls "Retracts".
Ch. 6 controls "Flaps/Tailhook". NOTE: Knob rotation is reversed from EA.

This version gives a much different feel to this model and control function and input/output are substantially altered.

As always, thanks for an excellent model!

Okay give this a try the only thing I did was import and export so everything should be the same except the RealFlight version. Let me know if it's okay.

Attachments

• F8F-2 Bearcat - Lift Mod_AV.RFX
    874.6 KB · Views: 4
What about the Gulfhawk and Deep Blue color schemes are they going to be put on the swaps?

I'm sure the guys will upload those too. Ha.. They were probably afraid to upload them for a couple of days to make sure I didn't mess up the build again. :)

Okay give this a try the only thing I did was import and export so everything should be the same except the RealFlight version. Let me know if it's okay.

Yes, that does work. I assume it will work the same posted as an AV.

One detail that I thought I had remove when I posted this version is the "Lift Mod." notation. If possible could you remove that.

Thanks, flip.

just for others info i had to use the latest F8F-2 Bearcat and put the 2 CS's on that version it wouldn't let me upload otherwise , i have had this happen before but all is good now , both the F8F 2 Blue Angels and the F8F 2 Marines are now on the swaps Have fun with this Excellent F8F-2 Bearcat and all the CS's for it

I actually thought about the F7F or the B-26 because the B-25 has been done so much. But the bad thing about my 9 cylinder radial is back when I was having trouble getting it to work in the T-28 I cut the back half off to get rid of a lot of triangles thinking lowering the triangle count might make it work, but it didn't. But I tried again later and it worked and that's the same engine I used in the F8F, so the engine is cut off in the middle of the exhaust port. It looks fine in a cowl but wouldn't work for an open installation. But of course I could take the 7 cylinder radial and make a 9 cylinder radial again. But none-the-less I think I'm out of the modeling business for a bit. I'm just burnt out.

Well enjoy your R&R. We look forward to your return

Yes, that does work. I assume it will work the same posted as an AV.

One detail that I thought I had remove when I posted this version is the "Lift Mod." notation. If possible could you remove that.

Thanks, flip.

You took it off the filename but RealFlight uses what it says Inside the AV itself so that's why the Lift Mod was at the end. I think you should have something at the end of the name though instead of just the plane name and AV. That would seem confusing to me if I were looking at the plane listing in RealFlight. So let me know what you want and I'll do another one for you.

Technoid would you kindly convert the Gulfhawk to RF8 CS for me.

I have added the stripes to the gear doors; updated to your latest panel lines and rivets, made the exhaust panels look like the real aircraft.
Let me know what you think.

This file is the RF-X export, I just changed the EA to CS, but you can pull the tga to convert.

Attachments

• F8F-2 Bearcat Gulfhawk_ CS.RFX
    5.1 MB · Views: 3
You took it off the filename but RealFlight uses what it says Inside the AV itself so that's why the Lift Mod was at the end. I think you should have something at the end of the name though instead of just the plane name and AV. That would seem confusing to me if I were looking at the plane listing in RealFlight. So let me know what you want and I'll do another one for you.

The "Lift Mod" notation was used as a reference for my use. I would prefer it be removed but either way is ok with me.

Back