GWS A-10 wip

AlternativeRC

The GWS A-10 from FMS was always my favorite to fly in that sim, so i decided to make one for Realflight, almost completely modeled, but for some reason, I cannot get the ultra-light style wheels to look right, so I put in some foam wheels, but, I am also thinking of doing this model with the main wheels retracted, no nose wheel, but a tail wheel, like this model by Fred Bronk.

Anyone have any suggestions? How does my model look?

Edit: figured out a way to do the ultra-lite wheels, anyone think I should do one stock wheel setup and one retracted setup?

Attachments

• GWS A-10 wip2.jpg
    GWS A-10 wip2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 25
  • GWS A-10 wip3.jpg
    GWS A-10 wip3.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Looking good

I tryed to make a wheel like that. hehe your looks a lot better.. :)

you can cheat and make them Retract with movable pots.... all the way up so thay dont show. :) the best of both world

Last edited:
Junkboy999 said:
you can cheat and make them Retract with movable pots.... all the way up so thay dont show. :) the best of both world

thanks for the compliments!

actually i was thinking that I would do it as seen below, for that "scale" look

Attachments

• GWS A-10 wip4.jpg
    GWS A-10 wip4.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 35
here are the latest wip shots of the GWS A-10.....almost ready to export!

Attachments

• GWS A-10 wip5.jpg
    GWS A-10 wip5.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 22
  • GWS A-10 wip6.jpg
    GWS A-10 wip6.jpg
    8 KB · Views: 46
I just decided to revisit this model lately, and have finally released the EA along with an AV with rudder, as well as 4 or 5 color schemes.

Thanks AlternativeRC

I was wondering where you have been and what was up with your projects. A lot of people wanted to see a GWS A-10. I was going to take my first attempt at modeling an A-10 and rework it for a GWS one. Now if we can get RCFubar to release his with the physics of the larger Banana Hobby's one we will have a full range of sizes and styles for users to download.

Now you force me to reinstall G4.5 on my other computer just to check it out. ( that computer still has memory problems, debating on new memory, a new computer, or G5 to spend my Christmas money on ) :rolleyes:

Junkboy999 said:
Now if we can get RCFubar to release his with the physics of the larger Banana Hobby's one we will have a full range of sizes and styles for users to download.

Hi Jokeboy, ;)
I still have Tony's A-10, I thought since the release of the Add-ons the interest had faded in that model.
If he still wants to release it I guess I can start working on it.

Frank...

I would love to see his model released. AlternativeRC model nails the scale and look of the GWS on the nose. Fubars model has more detail but still had the EPO foame look to it. It would be perfect for one of the bigger EPO one. With more choices out there, I will not have to scale mine down. It is just under 30 pounds. I got WM57 A-10 too. I want to get that one back on he swaps as well.

Wow, I didnt realize that this thread was for G3X models, I have G4.5, and no longer have 3X, so if anyone wants to port it over to G3 or G5, feel free to do so!

Back