Hangar 9 Tribute 3D

i just started working on one for fun, not working off of any pictures, just trying to make a basic shape.

I'm just going to keep working on it, if it ends up looking like anything, you can have it.

Attachments

• Tribute.jpg
    Tribute.jpg
    265.5 KB · Views: 41
Smokey, could you get me some pictures of the tail? I dont really know what it looks like, i've been making this so far off of memories of my tribute foamy.

here's an updated pic with ailerons

Attachments

• Tribute2.jpg
    Tribute2.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Tribute3.jpg
    Tribute3.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 10
  • TributeGrass.jpg
    TributeGrass.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 17
  • TibuteClay.jpg
    TibuteClay.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
well, i WAS making the profile/nitro version, but without good top and side views, i have no way to keep the sizes right.

I've been going off my eye looking at the pics on Horizon's site, and trying to make it look the same in 3ds max, but it's not perfect, actually, it's pretty bad.

This is where i'm at, i think i'm giving up. i need a top down view and a side view.

The glass one is me just being bored and making a fun render.

EDIT: I did change the rudder though, in the first pic, you'll see the radius of the front top corner is smaller, it's more accurate in the second picture. Also, the corners are less-sharp in the second. That is the rudder i plan on using. The elevator is not comeing out well, and i think the wings are the wrong size.

Attachments

• TributeTail2.jpg
    TributeTail2.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 18
  • TributeRudder2.jpg
    TributeRudder2.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 14
  • GlassTribute2.jpg
    GlassTribute2.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 32
I've looked evey where its like no body has eny pic of the gas one, but I found this.

Attachments

• 1661_photo_2.jpeg
    1661_photo_2.jpeg
    9 KB · Views: 19
  • EFL2150-450.jpeg
    EFL2150-450.jpeg
    7.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
From post #6

I trust you saw these? No help?
The link at post #6 also shows the gas version, and two engine alternatives, in the gallery of pix embedded in the link.

Yea, i've been going off of every picture on horizon's website.

The main problem i am having is getting everything the correct size. A picture from directly overhead is what i need, like a hovering shot, or just one on the ground, but from above.

A side view would help, but not qute as important.

If only this was the real one, and a real pic, hahahaha.

Attachments

• TributeTop.jpg
    TributeTop.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 23
Sorry but i cant get pics right now. I have to reasemble my tribute. I am also working on getting a camera that i can upload the pics from it onto here

Back