Hardware suggestions please

TBeghtol

Howdy,

First off, I am an older guy not particularly tech savvy but functional. (Tech user, not enthusiast...)

I have had various versions of RF over the years, and found it VERY useful. Took a break from flying heli and fixed wing and got back in last year. My RF sim was very useful to get me back on the sticks.

I had RF 7.5 which I have given over to a brand new pilot friend to improve his skills. Really just an excuse to buy RF 8.0!

Looking for LAPTOP recommendations that will be optimum for use with current RF 8 (and/or RF X when they get it figured out) and support good performance with Oculus Rift or future VR. Will use laptop display for when I am travelling frequently for work, then hook up to big separate monitor when back home in the man cave.

If this is not realistic, please give recommendations for small desktop system with specifics of processor, video card etc. I do not do any other gaming so just consider RF and VR capability please.

Thanks in advance for the assistance. Figure upcoming Black Friday season might be a good time to upgrade hardware!

Tim Beghtol

I agree. I had a 1070 and it was actually pretty good on RF-X, but now I have a 1080TI and it does all i need. if your just using RF8 then a 1070 is fine. i got 4-600 FPS on 8. using rift I get 90-100, but your monitor or TV will look 3 times better than rift. just an FYI. oculus looks good, but nothing close as my 4k TV...

Back