Heli Hover trainer grayed out..

cdalight

Please help, I can't seem to choose Heli Hover training from the pull down menu. I have tried changing airports and helis without any luck. Can some one give me some assistance to help me get access to the Heli hover trainer?

Thanks in advance.

Hmm, I'm not really sure.
Can you post a screen shot?
I would think it'd have something to do with "controller validation" or something, or maybe even the field, but I'm here at a photofield from Exp 5, with a plane from Exp 5, I never even touched the controller after the sim loaded, and it's not giving me a headache.

-Eric

Attachments

• Trainer.JPG
    Trainer.JPG
    146.9 KB · Views: 154
It should be disabled if you are in multimode, online multiplayer, or if you are on an airport that does not have an event spawn.

It will work on the photofield if that photofield has an event spawn. Most of them do, but there are a few that don't have one.

dhk79 said:
Change to a 3D field. The hover trainer will not work on a photofield.

Never mind the fact that it was functional on the field that I had a screenshot of like 3 posts ago. :p

-Eric

I stand corrected, it is the event spawn. It seems all of the photo fields that I use an a regular basis didn't have one.

Maybe cdalight is having the same issue, just picking airports coincidentally which are non-trainer compatible.
Judging by the lack of replies, I'd say he probably figured it out.

-Eric

Still can't figure it out..

Dear all,

I would like to thank everyone for their input. There was a delay in replying because I haven't had the time to go back on to the sim to try out the suggestions. But I have tried to select all the 3D fields, but the options are still grayed out!

I would appreciate more suggestions.

Thank you.

Hi there,

I've the same problem as cdalight and I tried everathing mentioned in this thread.
Are there any solutions in the meantime?

thanks ;)

I have the same problem. Doesn't it relate to the Video Card or Direct X 9.0 compatibility issue?
But the strange thing is that once I was successfuly enter the hover trainer mode, but however later this option grayed out and can never get it back again, please help

Same problem here of grayed out Hover Training (even at Flight School).

Just bumping the thread to keep it alive in the hope that someone can shed some light...

Heil Hover Trainer also grayed out

I am also using G4. I am having the same problem as above. I have searched through this site and other rc sites and google and have not come up with an answer. I have also tried all of the air fields and a number of models.

Does anyone here have an answer please :) :D

I don't think we ever figured this one out. If you can't do orientation or hover training at "Flight School", then something is definitely wrong with your setup.

Have these options always been grayed out for you, or did they become grayed out sometime after you installed?

If it were me, I would try deleting my .INI file. Perhaps some flight or airfield option you chose at some point had a side effect of disabling the training. Deleting the .INI file should set you back to the defaults, but that's a pure guess.

Also, I don't know if anything bad can happen if you delete the .INI. It seemed to work OK for me once. I had an issue once with G4 where if I ever changed airports, the game would error out when I quit. The result of which was when I restarted I'd be back at the same airport I tried to swap from. I was able to fix this by deleting the .INI file associated with G4. However, I don't recall where it was or what it was named.

Heli Hover Training

I do not understand the Question!
I just tried the HELI HOVER TRAINER
G4
Castle,flight school,Alpine meadow,Sod farm AND it works fine in all of these..

I have deleted the ini but had no luck.
I am using a esky 6ch tx I dont have the realflight contoller casue I bought the software off a guy who had broken the one that came with realflight so maybe this has somthing to do with it.

emmo16 said:
I have deleted the ini but had no luck.
I am using a esky 6ch tx I dont have the realflight contoller casue I bought the software off a guy who had broken the one that came with realflight so maybe this has somthing to do with it.

The plot thickens!

Back