Heli.

With this stuff.

Attachments

• imodium-ad-stops-the-shitz-demotivational-poster-1235835935.jpg
    imodium-ad-stops-the-shitz-demotivational-poster-1235835935.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 32
Hey uber,
Generally if the tail osolates rapidly it has to much gain dialed up. If it has a slow wag it may be not enough on the gain.
mk.

Gyro GAIN not deflection

That is not what was explained to you. You need to change the gain on the heading hold gyro. It would help if you would give us the name of the heli you are having problems with. Another thing is that gyros can only do so much... you have to fly.

I am showing an example of where to look but each aircraft is a bit different and a flybarless setup is quite a bit different.

Attachments

• HeadingHoldGyroSetup.jpg
    HeadingHoldGyroSetup.jpg
    129.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Understood.
I tweaked out a Westland Lynx. Tried your suggestions ( I probably did it wrong) didnt get the desired affect. Once I changed tail rotor deflections, it was smooth as silk.
:D

Turning down deflection ( both pos and neg) on tail rotor did the trick.

You could have also kept the deflection the same and lowered the main to tail gear ratio for the same result. The two gear ratio settings available to helis in the editor are powerful tools in better flight behavior. Also I've found that in the flybarless setup that under certain situation the servos are not fast enough to keep up with corrections. This causes delayed corrections and sets up a feedback loop that causes ocilation in a given axis. When I was setting up my goblin it was revealed that when I applied full left yaw and punched collective a severe wobbled was introduced. This only happens with left yaw right yaw it didn't. I was confused for a bit but then broke down the situation and realized the left yaw is with torque and therefore a higher speed or rotation. This means that cyclic corrections need to happen faster. The flybarless system can even this problem out some but other areas of performance will be affected. The answer was to increase the cyclic servo's speeds to keep up with correction. This can also be a factor in tail wag. The servo is delayed to the point of over correction. I'm not saying its always the case its just something to look at especially at higher headspeeds where corrections need to happen faster.

Last edited:
Talk about a heli with a problem, the new Gaui X7 from Real Flight needs some work. Try flying it FPV with a camera on the nose and you will discover that it does have some issues. Seems to me that all the helis should be flown FPV during development... some unusual things seem to be revealed when seen from the seat.

I really don't AV KE models but I would suspect servo speed could help with the X7.

Last edited:
I know this to be fact actually as outlined in my example above. I don't think it's a coverall solution but in certain situations it is key.

After, having gone through this thread, I`ll have to admit that I`m lost FE. Refresh my memory about the CS.
I`m back to work again :D (I think), so I don`t know if I`ll have the time. :(

Back