Helicopter more stable on vertical plane

Brighela

Good morning, I use RealFlight 9.5 for learning the helicopter's piloting. I have noticed that on RealFlight the helicopter is more stable on vertical plane (collective) that in reality.
There is a way to modificate some parameters for do that RealFlight is more realistic?
Thank you

Try Increasing turbulence too.

I find flying the 230s with 8-10 mph wind challenging enough. Which helicopter are you using?

I found the 230S a lot more difficult to fly than it's supposed to be. :) The model in RF doesn't have any throttle or pitch curves configured in it. After setting up curves similar to those in the Blade 230S manual, and then tweaking just a bit, it worked MUCH better. I even went so far as to add a slight 10% aileron mix to get rid of the constant drift to the left in Stability (Beginner) Mode. Now it flies really well!

Hats off to Brighela for looking for ways to make the helis more difficult to fly! I don't have anywhere near that much skill with helis.

Not sure where that's set in RF, so can't check to see what mine is set to. In my 2030s V2 manual the throttle and pitch curves in agility modes are just a straight lines though. My real 230s has bit of a bad drift (forward left) in stability mode since I changed the main frame after a crash. Haven't gotten around to sorting it out as I fly my M1 exclusively now.

If you are learning to fly helicopters, it's best to get out of flying in stability mode as soon as possible after learning upright orientations, as stability mode teaches you to hold cyclic inputs, and not how to counteract the inputs you just put in. Helicopter flying seems impossible when you start out, but with lots and lots of practice, anybody can do it.

Back