Helicopter Smoke Trails

ssrobzoom

Helicopter Exhaust Smoke Trails

I having issue with the Helicopter exhaust smoke trails on the Nitro version.
I'm flying the Aurora 3d and each time I change directions climbing or decending while in idle up, it looks like I'm spraying the smoke. It just doesn't look realistic.

Smoke should fog and spray.

Last edited:
If you are familiar with the aircraft editor, under exhaust you can make the smoke look exactly as you like it with a little experimentation.

Tired all the different settings and still could not reproduce realistic results. Even tried to duplicate all the setting that are in version 3.5 which looks more realistic that 6.0.

Still have no result please someone advise or test it out for yourselves.

I just need to be correct not a preference on my part, Just correct.

Like when your in a stationary hovering reguardless of the allitude, the smoke should be bellowing downward when the winds are not an issue. The if your stationary hovering in idle up mode since the throttle picks up some bit, then the smoke should be alittle more force full bellowing downware.
Then if you quickly pull negative pitch while stationary hovering, the smoke shoots upward vertically like your spraying it. It should still just bellow since the heli is just basically in a stationary hover.

Last edited:
ssrobzoom said:
I just need to be correct not a preference on my part, Just correct.

I don't personally know if you are "correct" :D ... but back to the matter at hand...

Exactly what is wrong with smoke in the sim?

Not that anyone doubts you, but in situations like this you MUST be EXTREMELY specific... the developers read these forums and specificity helps determine whether or not to look into a reported issue.

If they can see and reproduce a problem, it gets attention.

Also check and enter the "Beta" code entered on the first forum/sticky.

RF 6 .025 addresses smoke particle physics!

Enter the code and update.

Last edited:
Maybe some one else will chime in with some specific parameters to adjust to get the results you're looking for. I haven't found a need to adjust the smoke on the stock helis. The swap aircraft built for other versions tend to be a little too smoky for my liking though. If you can't find any combination of settings that look realistic to you, you're going to have to take that up with KE and tell them that their smoke sucks and they need to fix it. :) Also the particle settings in the main graphics settings can make a big difference in what you see.

Last edited:
I have tried the adjustments and It must have to do with the "Ejection Velocity" and corresponding direction properties.

While doing tick tocks or as stated earlier. While hovering and do a quick cyclic change the Ejection Velocity shoots the exhaust smoke too far from the model, since the model's air speed is basically stationary.

This looks unrealistic!

Oh BTW I have updated to the latest Beta version. It looks better but the Ejection Velocity of the Exhaust smoke need to be adjustable on the perimeters.

Last edited:
Back