Helicopter???

spot242

Hey all

I quite fancy a go at making a RC Helicopter for the sim :eek: but i have absolutely no idea what to do first :eek: any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

Yeah i know its just what pics would i actually need of a helicopter because i know it will be different from doing a plane with just 3 simple views :confused: :confused:

Wingie's link plus the Artist Guide:
http://www.knifeedge.com/KEmax/G4 Artists Reference.pdf

Also look at the example heli included, that will pretty much show you all you need to know about the head/tail mechanics, hierarchy and pivots.

I'll say that if you had problems with retracts, then helies are a magnitude or two more difficult to set up correctly in the simulator.

If you can't understand any of that, then stick to planks. :eek:

spot242 said:
Hey all

I quite fancy a go at making a RC Helicopter for the sim :eek: but i have absolutely no idea what to do first :eek: any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks

So Are you taking requests?

not just yet BMZ-Loop i want to try a Trex 700 first then if i manage that then hopefully i will start to take requests. :D

Now thats weird the blue cs is the one i was going to go with :eek: :eek: :eek: thats very weird.

Well I will do a bit more research on the T-rex 700 and then start work on it :)

Do you have a T-rex 700 by any chance???

I could be wrong............. but I think Demon SPB said he is going to make or has already started a 700
you may want to PM him and see

3-DMan said:
How about a T-Rex700 NSP? No one has done that yet.

DEMON(SPb) said:
I was thinking about it.BTW,I have real one.
Maybe Ill make it in near future.
well hes at least thinking about it , you should see if hes started

IMO since he owns one and has experience modeling Helis ...........he would naturally be the one to pull it off (both the modeling and the physics)

IMO-2 if you're stuck at step one......................
a Heli is probably not the best road to go down at this time (even I know that :p )

Last edited:
spot242 said:
Now thats weird the blue cs is the one i was going to go with :eek: :eek: :eek: thats very weird.

Well I will do a bit more research on the T-rex 700 and then start work on it :)

No I don't have one. I've had one heli And sold it because I was never going to do anything with it.

That is a bit scary isn't it :p

bmz_loop said:
That is a bit scary isn't it :p

Haha helis can be a bit scary but i think there now good fun to fly just like planes.

ive been speaking to Demon and he has said he will give me any help i need and sizes to do this model :D :D (I just hope you mean that Demon :eek: )

spot242 said:
Haha helis can be a bit scary but i think there now good fun to fly just like planes.

I didn't mean it like that. ;) I meant it was 'scary' that we chose the same canopy.

spot242 said:

I was planning on eventually creating a T-REX 700E. I have a couple friends with T-REX 700E's. One is a conversion from a nitro and the other was already an E version. If you go ahead and create the 700, then I most likely won't bother doing it myself. I have so many projects in the works and more planned for future projects.

The heli i hope to model :eek: is the Nitro Trex 700 so you can still make the Electric version if you like but if not i might have a bash at that one if i manage to get the nitro done first :eek: :eek:

Got some work done on the T-Rex 700 and this is what ive got :)
I think im doing good for a first time heli build :eek:

Attachments

• 1.jpeg
    1.jpeg
    92.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 2.jpeg
    2.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 3.jpeg
    3.jpeg
    94.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 4.jpeg
    4.jpeg
    43.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 5.jpeg
    5.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 24
As you all can probably tell im taking my time with this one as its my first Heli :eek:
I think its looking good so far :D ;)

All i need to do to finish the 3d model is the main shaft assembly and the canopy :eek: Then i can map this thing :D

Here is some pics of how it is now :rolleyes: ;)

Attachments

• 6.jpeg
    6.jpeg
    10.1 KB · Views: 6
  • 7.jpeg
    7.jpeg
    42.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 8.jpeg
    8.jpeg
    205.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 9.jpeg
    9.jpeg