Helicpter does not turn when banked

CodyE

While at cruising speed, helicopters will not turn when banked. I am using a Futaba radio with the RF transmitter interface. Both "Enable software radio mixes" and "Enable software radio dual rates and expo" are checked on the radio transmitter profile.

Don't know if this what you are looking for, but most helis are set up in Heading Hold mode. Heading hold is set via tail gain. Depending on the fbl or gyro being used you can fiddle with the tail gain and acheive a rate mode. Then a bank will change the heading.

Thanks Michael. I adjusted the heading hold parameter to zero for the helicopter enabling it to turn when banking.

You can also adjust the Heading Hold Range (deg) setting. With this you can keep heading hold on and not use rate mode.
Try a default setting of 5 if it's not that.

Last edited:
What the heck did he say?

You use the rudder to change heading. It is in your left hand. Nobody flies rate mode anymore and most helicopters on RF are not setup with rate mode. You need to learn to fly helicopters correctly, not "fix them". You use rudder and cyclic-roll to turn. Learn to do it right instead of creating bad habits.

While at cruising speed, helicopters will not turn when banked. I am using a Futaba radio with the RF transmitter interface. Both "Enable software radio mixes" and "Enable software radio dual rates and expo" are checked on the radio transmitter profile.

Last edited:
Back