Heli's seem slower

TheHeliCrasher

Does the Heli's seem slower in R6 than previous versions to anybody else? I notice it mostly with rolls, loops, etc it seems to be less responsive in a loop makeing it harder to do a smaller loop now. If you do notice, do you think it is more realistic this way?

Yes they are slow and less realistic. I will talk to Knifeedge tommorow about helicopter physics and let them know what needs to be changed.

Mikeymike21 said:
Yes they are slow and less realistic. I will talk to Knifeedge tommorow about helicopter physics and let them know what needs to be changed.

When you speak with them find out why at generation 6 are we still getting unexpected errors ????

Mikeymike21 said:
I will bring this up. Blade noise is very important as it is an indication of headspeed when you are flying the real thing.

think you could mention the fuel consumption ? elec helis in g6 last about 7-8 minutes a nitro will go for 30+ minutes in g6 :confused:

Crazy A Logie said:
When you speak with them find out why at generation 6 are we still getting unexpected errors ????
Now that's funny stuff. :rolleyes:

Sorry. Carry on, lids.

Last edited:
Crazy A Logie said:

What errors?

I haven't seen one so far...

With prior versions the DDS issue always came up and so far not a one.

It seems if you change the Physics to custom and turn it up to 150% the Heli performs closer to expected. Does anyone else find the same thing?

I think there is something horribly wrong with your real heli set ups!! Seriously, You must be running RF in beginner mode or something. 100% feels great for me.

I guess MikeyMike is too. :p I did say I had it set to "Custom" @ 150 %, which made it better than the "Realistic" it was on.

Last edited:
The next slider down is still all the way to the right on realistic? and auto pilot is off? Are you sure you're on high rates on the radio?

Last edited:
Yes, for Realistic the speed is 100%, the Flight Model is at realistic ( all the way to the right) and autopilot is none. Some heli's do respond a bit better than others but overall still off.

Go to Simulation/settings/ physics and make sure both helis and planes are still at the default physics setting of highest.

Honestly I think I confirmed my physics settings, I'm sorry you can't understand the problem but I am not the only one that see's this and it isn't the same in g4. Oh Well, we will find out. Have a Good Day.

TheHeliCrasher said:
I am not the only one that see's this.
Uh, yes you are. I've seen lots of people here say the heli physics in RF6 are much more real, and I've seen the same thing said over on rcg.com. I'm sorry you're having troubles, but it's more than likely in your computer. You can always call tech support. You have a good day, too.

So has anyone just tried cranking up the physics SPEED to see if this cures the "Heli's seem slower" problem?

Just curious....

Back