HELP...Heli Tail Wag

sterlingbaydave

Neep help with a T-Rex 500 I downloaded and installed. The helicopter will not stop oscillating (tail wag). While sitting on the ground its fine. At lift-off, it's good until I start moving out of hover. If I put any type of rapid tail control movement in, it starts wagg'n and won't stop :mad:

The heli flys great other than that and I'd really like to fly it. I've tried tweek'n the gyro gains and nothing seems to work. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

You need to provide a bit more information... exactly what aircraft. Is it designed for G4? The gyros for g5 & RF6 are a bit different. I think there are more than one 500 and one is on an expansion pack (#5 I looked it up). I have 3 500s and I have been using the CDT version of the 500 from the swaps for quite a while with some minor changes.

The first thing that needs to be confirmed is that the file was imported using proper methods.

Sure, maybe I just assumed since he was flying it that he had a good import... guess I don't see how he could get that far... haven't seen what you are describing. Anything is possible. OP should be following the download and import procedures.

I don't have G4 installed anymore so I will not be able to replicate the problem. Conjecture only. A flight video would show us what the OP is talking about. Since it is a swaps aircraft, I don't think tech support is going to help much. They might just blame it on a bad design. I do know that I have many many hours on the CDT Trex500 in G4 thru RF6 and much success.

https://forums.realflight.com/index.php?resources/5071

Last edited:
Nooner, you've been around long enough to see people who report their imported models fly badly. Some of them ask which model they should base it on. That's a clear indicator that they are doing it improperly.

Back