Help...I'm a newbie!

A buddy of mine has gotten me interested in rc helis. I recently purchased real flight to begin the basics. I'm torn between starting small with the raptor G2 (ready to fly from the box) or going with a T-rex 450 because it can be upgraded so much.

My ultimate goal is to do AP in the distant future.

Do they make a ready to fly T-rex I might be missing.

When I downloaded the T-rex 450 (newbie) it stated I did not have the proper plane?? help

Doeas anyone know of a swap page Raptor G2.

I know some of this might not pertain to this formun please point me in the right direction!

Thanks

There are three parts to an aircraft. The 3D model, the physics model, and the colorscheme.

On the swap pages an EA (entire aircraft) contains all three parts. An AV (aircraft Variant) has JUST and updated physics model. And a CS (colorscheme) has JUST a colorscheme. Both the AV & CS downloads require the 3D model that is included in the EA file. If you just downloaded one of these, go back and get the corresponding EA.

If you look about 3 lines down in the description of an AV or CS it'll list the required file in a link to that file.

For more detailed instructions on how to download & use files from the swap pages: CLICK HERE

Last edited:
Thank you very much. Just downloaded T-rex 450 and it works thanks again!

Raptor G2 or T-REX 450 is still on my mind?

DO NOT GET THE RAPTOR G2!! I had one,i had to upgrade all the electronics,HS-55's Hacker motor,Futaba Receiver,3 cell lipo.
EXceed RC is very low quality,please buy the trex,lots of spare parts availible.
If you wanna go cheap,buy a used trex from rcuniverse.com/market,sign up register,and make a paypal account at paypal.com :cool:

well said :D

Blade Scraper said:
DO NOT GET THE RAPTOR G2!! I had one,i had to upgrade all the electronics,HS-55's Hacker motor,Futaba Receiver,3 cell lipo.
EXceed RC is very low quality,please buy the trex,lots of spare parts availible.
If you wanna go cheap,buy a used trex from rcuniverse.com/market,sign up register,and make a paypal account at paypal.com :cool:

Im leaning toward the T-rex for future AP stuff...What is the difference between the SA and Se other then price? Money is an issue, I know this hobby is big bucks. Got to start out small. What would a T-rex 450SA with everything run me?

It will be expensive, and it is not Ready to Fly, you need to finish building the kit, although most of the hard stuff is already done for you.

This is what my Trex 450 V2 came out to:
Trex Kit $490
3 Servos (HS65-MG) $35x3
1 Digital Tail Servo $40
Futaba 401 Gyro $130

Still need an RX and TX add some more $$$

Then comes the programming of the TX.....

Get something you can afford to crash, and you will crash often...
And make sure parts are readily available at your LHS.

lots of time on the sim will help.

I agree. I have not hear of any one geting a Raptor V2 in the air without changing motor an battery.

the T-Rex is popular and parts and upgrades are a plenty. (As you mentioned )

keep studying. and why not get a little CX job to tie you over till you are redy for a full blown CP heli. Trust me. it will be a lot of skill learnig to tame a T-rex. even after you dull it down.

the SE V2 v SA ( if i recall corectly. the sa is a variant that is only available from Horizon retailers)

SE is kit and CF frame plates.
SA is ARF ans is alu frame plates.
S is kit or ARF and is alu or CF. Check out the pics and prices.

I own a G2 Raptor

I own a G2 Raptor from Exceed RC.
I have had mine for about 10 months and it does fly good if you never crash it.
The speed controller burnt up 2 minutes out of the box.
The linkage is not very good, no matter how much you adjust it, it is still way off.
Crashed it 13 times and now the tail won't work right, even after buying a new servo and gyro.

The Align may be more expensive but the parts cost about the same as they do for the G2 Raptor. And only 1 company carries parts for the G2 Raptor but you can buy Align parts anywhere.

My G2 Raptor was a cheap heli to learn on but my next one will be an align 400 to 700

P.S. I never had to change the motor and my battery works fine. Maybe the speed controller was everyones problem. Like I said, mine did not last 2 minutes.

Congratulations you win

Attachments

• oldestthread0hx.jpg
    oldestthread0hx.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 45
Back