Help: KEError 21078:

urodoc

Hi,
I'm a new comer. I'm struggling to install G4 on my MacBook running Vista.
It's OK with Demo on my MacBook.
This is an error message when I try to start a Launcher.exe. Please help me to complete installation. Thank you.

KEError 21078: Error determing path to .ini.
Corrupt filename: C:\Users\(My Name in Korean)\Documents\RealFlight G4\LauncherG4.ini.

This is probably due to "(My Name in Korean)".

Create a new user account using non-accented english characters...

Such as "RF_USER".

Make it a local administrator.

Then log in and install G4 as that user

The following characters are invalid & / \ : * ? " < > | that cannot be used in file names. Hope this helps

My error is 21078 bla bla bla

Corrupt Filename:\\.psf\Home\Documents\RealFlight G4\LauncherG4.ini

Are there any illegal characters in this?

When you say create a new User account, does RF have to be re-installed?
Running Mac & using paralles G4 runs, but the launcher does not.

Yes, RF would need to be uninstalled from the 'illegal' account and reinstalled in a 'legal' account. Make sure the account has admin rights, and that you have configured both the launcher and RF to run as admin when you run it. It probably doesn't like the .psf at the beginnig.

jeffpn said:
Yes, RF would need to be uninstalled from the 'illegal' account and reinstalled in a 'legal' account. Make sure the account has admin rights, and that you have configured both the launcher and RF to run as admin when you run it. It probably doesn't like the .psf at the beginnig.

jeff has a point. For some reason, I remember trying a similar install like this, and RF doesn't like file directory names that have a .* type of thing going on. It seems to be a common problem. It might also be better not to install it on a network connection, which seems to be the case because of the doubt forward slash. Admin access is crucial, and some people may or may not need to run the exe itself as an admin, I don't but a lot of people do need to.

FYI, the file path validity check that led to KEError 21078 was removed some time ago (I think with the introduction of G4.5, version 4.50.021). If you are able to update to a more recent version, this problem will probably go away.

Of course, without being able to run the Launcher, you won't be able to perform an online update. In that case you should start by using the standalone update to 4.50.021. After installing that I believe you will be able to run. Then you can perform an online update to the latest version available (currently 4.50.047).

Hello,
Hopefully noone gets mad for me posting on an old thread, but I figure my post is very relevant and important to have here, since some people, including myself, still use RF G4 and need this download to play the sim. I have Win 7 Pro and without this download I dug up, I couldn't have played and would have been forced to let my copy of the sim collect dust in storage.

I kept getting error "KEError 21078" and this update resolved it perfectly. It plays without a hitch now. If you need to fix this error, try one of the downloads below and install it. You won't be disappointed.

Afterwards, run the launcher and do all the updates to patch it up.

If you want to get add-ons 1 thru 5, see the link below to get them. They are all free.

RealFlight G4.5 Self-Executable Update:
http://downloads.hobbico.com/software/gpm/RealFlight4_50_021.exe

RealFlight G4.5 ISO File Update for Burning to CD/DVD:
http://downloads.hobbico.com/software/gpm/RFV4UP_4_50_021.iso

RealFlight G4+ Add-ons 1 thru 5:
http://www.realflight.com/downloads/add-ons.html

Last edited:
Back