Help Request/G-4 Add-Ons 1-4

onderunway

I'm running G-4 version 4.00.054 on Vista Home Basic. WINZIP version 11.2 is installed.

I followed the posted instructions below.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
INSTRUCTIONS

"Right-click here and save the file to disk. Choose a location that will be easy to find again.

Locate the file on your disk.

Unzip the file. If you have Windows XP or Vista, you can just double-click it.

Extract the .zip file's contents to "C:\Program Files\RealFlightG4\Data" (assuming you installed G4 in the default location)."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Folders for AOs 1-4 are established in In RealFlight G-4 "Data Folder"

AOs 1-4 appear in their unzipped condition in "Data" Folder

Problem: The Add-Ons 1-4 content is not available in the aircraft and airport selection dialogs. :confused:

What have I missed (DUH Factor) in the installation process that prevents AOs 1-4 from displaying in the aircraft and selection dialogs? :confused:

Onderunway

Copy/Paste the contents of the zip files to your desktop then copy them to the Data folder, Hope this helps.

No Luck

Josh 0987 said:
Copy/Paste the contents of the zip files to your desktop then copy them to the Data folder, Hope this helps.

Completed as suggested. Restarted. No change to available files.

Also downloaded and installed all Direct X program updates..Restarted. Ran Error Smart..corrected two registry errors. No change to available files.

Are you EXTRACTING (NOT COPYING) them in EXACTLY that location? If your directory is ANY different at all, it will not go there. There is a 'data' folder inside of 'my documents' which is the WRONG place to extract the files to. You must go through "my computer -> C: -> program files -> ETC"

-Eric

rccardude04 said:
Are you EXTRACTING (NOT COPYING) them in EXACTLY that location? If your directory is ANY different at all, it will not go there. There is a 'data' folder inside of 'my documents' which is the WRONG place to extract the files to. You must go through "my computer -> C: -> program files -> ETC"

-Eric

RealFlight G4 is installed under Program Files Desktop Documents.

The Data folder is under G-4 RealFlight sub to Cache

Onderunway

Last edited:
Like he said; you must extract or copy the contents of the zipped file to;
C:programfiles/RealflightG4/data
Not in the documents location.

Good luck.

Back