Help us test our latest multiplayer changes

Yup... nothing but problems.

Quad Core CPU, 16mbps Cable Modem, Windows XP, Linksys Router, everything at defaults, no port forwarding, UPnP XP service enabled, Router UPnP enabled, router as NAT firewall.

First try:

CTD on connection attempt.

Then

Disabled XP Firewall. Set a static IP, Forwarded ports on Linksys to XP machine, set MTU to 1500.

Second through fifth try:

"Remote Host is Busy", even though hosts are not at max.

Then

Tried Hosting, waited to see if anyone would try my machine... after 15 minutes went back to trying to Join...

One connection attempt begins, see remote airport, G4 errors loading TGA for plane in use at remote site, CTD.

Then went back into hosting mode.

Slofler joins session w/o problems.

Flies for 5 minutes and we chat on line... others attempt to join, one succeeds 3 fail. Other player drops out after 1 minute.

I ask Slowfiler to set up a host so I can try his machine...

Exit my session and join his w/o any problems.... we fly for 10 minutes.

Three other people attempt to join, no joy.

I can join a remote host on only one of every seven or eight attempts even though the remote indicates running same version.

Oh and I forgot to mention... this one was quite strange...

Upon successfully joining one multiplayer session I got the "Your Interlink has been disconnected" message.

So I pulled it out of the USB port, and inserted it back into another port...

Nothing happened. Not even the "ding" from XP indicating a USB connection.

Tried another port & left it plugged in... nothing, nada... I thought my Interlink was dead...

I was still connected MP, so I "X"'d out of G4.5... the second I did that, the Interlink powered back up and I hear the "ding"...

Very strange.

These Guys are Tight!

I was trying to think of something witty to say but meh, I'm seeing the same problems as everyone else. This screenshot shows my only 'successful' connection to a .040 server after dozens of connection attempts this evening.

You guys should make this a feature--it's really quite mesmerizing to watch/fly solo formations...

Attachments

• pythons.jpg
    pythons.jpg
    257.5 KB · Views: 13
Great flying with you this morning... the obstacle course was outstanding. That session was what RealFlight is all about. I flew in Toad's cockpit for one great circuit and then banged many a ring myself... WHAT A GREAT FLY. Fly ended about 7:20am Eastern. I tried to connect three or four times to other sites then got into his.... no problem. Almost worth getting up in the middle of the night. Flying with Aussies, internet call with Israel... this darn world is shrinking mighty fast.

Spasticatedtoad said:
I am on the Eastern Side of Australia, and right there you have almost a Complete Return Trip around the world to the Server and Back again, to try and Host a Field with number's like that.
(

Have you??

Toad... have you considered a warp in the time/space continuum? :D Sorry, I tried really hard but I could not resist.. :D

Back