Help view-zoom type-autozoom RF9.5s

Davy F

Is there anyway to set auto zoom as standard every time I run RF?
Always when I start RF zoom type is in ground view. How can I change this to auto zoom Permanently?
Autozoom function is great. Without it I can’t see the model unless it’s awe fully close

It's that way in real life, too. It's easy to lose orientation, so it can be GOOD to get used to it in the sim. Losing orientation in the sim is MUCH cheaper than in real life. And the rebuild is much easier, too. Try adding a Binocular gadget in RF. You can use that to help get your aircraft back to a reasonable distance.
P.S. With no peripheral vision in the sim, I can never find the runway again without ground view.

As Bill said, if the vehicle is getting too small then it's quite likely you're flying farther away than you should, and that you should practice flying in closer.

Nevertheless, if you really want to make RealFlight default to autozoom on startup, you can edit your startup script and add a console command that will be executed automatically for you each time you run. To do that:
  1. Exit RealFlight if it is running.
  2. In Windows Explorer navigate to your Documents folder.
  3. Navigate to the RealFlight 9 subfolder.
  4. Navigate to the Scripts subfolder.
  5. Open startup.rfscript in a text editor (like Notepad).
  6. Add the following (minus the quotes) on a line by itself at the bottom of the script:
    "camera_zoom_type a"
  7. Save the file.
  8. Run RealFlight to test.

Hey Ryan
Thanks, I’ll try that
Well first of all I have bad eyesight… and second I am practicing fai schedule with maneuvers in the center flight line and the sides. It is at the side maneuvers that I sometimes have difficulty seen how I’m flying

Bill
I did fly with the binoculars! Great help. I used them for like a month of flying RF. But when I’m looking at the binocular window I start loosing my flight line. Because of other things I found autozoom and I like it much more for this training that I am doing now.
Davy

I didn't realize you are such a skilled pilot. I guess I just assumed you were a novice since I didn't recognize your name. I've been on the forum for 21 years now. Use the available tools to do what you need to do - that's exactly what RF is for.
I fly it occasionally just to keep my hand in since I can't really fly in real-life anymore. I've had miniere's disesae for 10 years or so, and looking up exacerbates my vertigo. And I can't even THINK about flying control line. But I still love modeling.

Ryan,
I did what you suggested and it worked like a charm. Now every time I run RF it is in autozoom. It’s a simple thing but I appreciate it anyway

Bill,
I don’t consider myself a great pilot or at a competing level. I just like to try and fly F3A. It has always helped me to get better flying skills. When I have time week days I use RF and weekends I’m trying to get to the field.
Wow you have been in this forum for 21 years!! Congratulation. I am just starting with computer digital stuff myself. That’s why you haven’t heard of me before and also why I’m kinda slow to catch up with computers, programs. I’m sorry to hear of your medical issues but I’m happy that you are flying the simulator.
I appreciate all the help you have provided

Back