Help with DX7 and RF8

markj

Hi, wonder if someone can help me with issue I'm having with my DX7 and RF8?

I used to fly a lot of helicopters and a few planes but I gave it up for a while and haven't flown for a number of years now. I dusted off the DX7 and just purchased RF8 and the OrangeRX DSMX DSM2 USB Dongle. I have managed to pair it with the DX7 and have got it working in the simulator but it seems that the there isn't enough control surface authority. The ailerons and elevator and throttle etc don't seem to have enough travel so I can't fly the plane. E.g. when I try do loops or any aeros I just end up crashing. I have reset the model to default on the Spektrum so there are no expo settings etc. I have also tried a few complete new models on the Transmitter.

When I look at the settings on the DX7, there is a screen which shows all the servos and the position/travel of the sticks when you move them around. All of them don't go right to the end, the all seem to only go one notch from the end on the controller. See the picture below and see throttle for e.g. I can't remember if it always used to be like that on the transmitter as it's been a long time. It does that on all the models. I'm really confused here.

Pic of Spektrum

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hvk50CpCuCDLbmBjamDrNyUoTmgxQWFq

Any help appreciated.

I ran through the control calibration in Windows again (I already did it once) Seems to be better now.

Back