Help with getting non-plane designs into realflight from blender

grooveybf109e

Hi,
This is my first time building anything from scratch, and I was struggling with the naming, pivots, and mapping for CS's.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.
I was trying a simple Akagi carrier as a test.
I have watched some videos, but only succeeded in confusing myself.
Thanks all
1691535379547.png

for airport objects naming and pivots are less important. select and object then press F2 to rename, control+F2 to "batch rename"

parenting select child (left click) the shift left click the parent finally control+p (or the right click menu choose parent) to parent left click select. object.. you can parent multiple children to one oject at once make sure the parent is the last one (shift clicked)/

uhh...... mapping in blender...... it is possible.......somehow. not sure how I usually use wings3d to do the mapping.

To set the pivot
1691548734475.png

To fine tune the pivots. if children move check the parents box
1691548766051.png

Usually correct the orientation
1691548964202.png

the hierarchy looks fine for a airport object. if you want it flyable there should be a object called FUSELAGE. it would normally the center most object or what other pieces woulkd break off of. of what other large "sub structures" and there children would break off from eg. wings, landing gear,

the pivot I can only see the one for the rudder and not its orientation so I am not sure

cant see the materials so not sure.

it might need edge split or smoothing groups if some uglyness shows up in rf

for a moveable pod yes.
for a control surface no.

A control surface always uses the X axis (red) for the axis it pivots on. for wings that are do not have both a right and left the red axis should point towards the tip for "symmetrical" setup 99.9% of all main wings the axis should be toward the tip of the right wing and the root of the left.

also the pivot should be at or at least very near the hinge axis or pivot point

2023-08-10 12_41_49-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].jpg
2023-08-10 12_43_25-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].jpg

2023-08-10 12_44_48-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].jpg2023-08-10 12_44_20-Blender_ [D__Robert_Documents_Wings 3d_P-51 A_p-51A v5.blend].jpg

the red axis (X) should be inline with the angle that you want the surface to rotate so either straight up or straight down the the wing has +90 dihedral the X axis should be up if -90 dihedral the the X axis should be point down.

yes but since the rudder extends below the fuse and I would have the dihedral of the wing at -90 the x axis should be down the orientation shown would be correct for 99.9% of planes

Back