Help with Spektrum rechargeable battery and charger

jgreenhow

Recently purchased the Spektrum rechargeable battery (SPMA9602) and charger (SPM9551) for my Tx (DXe) and there doesn't seem to be any type of indicator that lets me know when charging is complete. Has anybody else used this that can provide some guidance ... I don't want to fry the battery or worse yet, my Tx! Accompanying paperwork doesn't say jack and HH has never answered any of my customer support questions, that I've sent through their website. Great products ... horrible customer support :(

The DXe does not have an indicator. To get that you need a DX9 or better. You can charge the TX lipo just like you charge your other ones on an external balance charger.

The RealFlight forum..? ... Really? Of all places, despite RCGroups, RCUniverse, FliteTest, etc..?
BrokeDad, I appreciate you providing your knowledge and answering my question. And thanks to Ghost129er, for giving me a few more groups to reach out to. I'm just getting into the hobby and don't belong to any other groups yet. I've got a used Tx and a dongle, that I'm using to operate RF9, which is why I posted the question here ... sorry if that offended those of you with experience who may have forgotten what it's like to be a newby.

The DXe does not have an indicator. To get that you need a DX9 or better. You can charge the TX lipo just like you charge your other ones on an external balance charger.
BrokeDad, I appreciate you providing your knowledge and answering my question. And thanks to Ghost129er, for giving me a few more groups to reach out to. I'm just getting into the hobby and don't belong to any other groups yet. I've got a used Tx and a dongle, that I'm using to operate RF9, which is why I posted the question here ... sorry if that offended those of you with experience who may have forgotten what it's like to be a newby.

No problem. We've all been new once. Go take a look at RCGroups and if you are into helicopters try Helifreak. Lots of good help in those places. I am on both. I wish you good luck in your learning to fly.

No problem. We've all been new once. Go take a look at RCGroups and if you are into helicopters try Helifreak. Lots of good help in those places. I am on both. I wish you good luck in your learning to fly.
Thanks for the info and the positive encouragement ... I'll make sure to pay it forward.

Back