High Quality Providers of RealFlight Content

Madratter

Providers of High Quality RealFlight Content

There are many quality models, color schemes, and physics files available on the swap pages. However, it can be difficult sorting out the good stuff from the dross.

The intent of this post is to link to providers of some of the high quality content. If you feel I have left someone out, by all means nominate somebody in this thread.

The lists are going to be separated by type of content (EA, CS, AV, Airport). A single provider might show up in multiple lists, but I feel separating them this way makes the lists more useful.

Please be aware that the physics was changed significantly in RF6. This means that aircraft and especially helicopters created pre RF6 probably need some adjustments to the physics to fly correctly.

NOTE: If you do not see yourself on the list, don't assume I think your content is low quality. I won't put people on the list until I have looked at their content, and by no means have I looked at every file available. I will take nominations seriously. In addition I'm much more familiar with the people who have been recently active. I am trying to go back through and catch some of the older content. Also, I'm somewhat plank centric so if you are a helicopter guy, it may take me a little longer to find your files.

In other cases, I think people show potential, they just aren't quite there yet.

Last edited:
Playing Devil's advocate:

Doesn't this constitute a "rating system"?

Obviously it does in some sense. However:

1) No rating number is associated with the listing.
2) It isn't as subject to the rating wars that have occurred in the past. Obviously I could play favorites and in some sense that is what this list is since it is not based on some set of objective criteria.
3) It isn't actually on the swaps themselves, nor would I want it to be.
4) There is no ranking of the people within the list. You either make the list or you don't.
5) It isn't based on individual models.
6) It can easily changed if need be. Some who are putting out bad stuff now might up their game and make the list down the road. The opposite is also possible although far less likely.

Obviously, I'm not opposed to this sort of list, or I wouldn't do it. If others find this list useful, great. If not, that is fine too. If others think my list is worthless and want to setup there own list, that is fine also. They can do so either in this thread or in another thread of their choosing.

Edit: I should also point out that I did not ask anybody else their opinion on whether I should do this or not. There may well be others that find this list offensive, and if that is the case, they can feel free to chime in and say so. I do absolutely support the effort to get the ratings removed from the swap pages.

Last edited:
Jeff, you should get an honorary mention for the fire extinguisher that you made for the Radial Rocket, in the CS category :D:D

I've been covering Maj.'s butt for a long time now!!
:D

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    258.5 KB · Views: 26
Back