Hobbyzone Super Cub LP

Gort

Greetings all, I'm new to these forums and Realflight.

This is more for a friend of mine than it is for me. He's got a HZ Cub but he's so paranoid of crashing that he doesn't want to fly it... so maybe RF will get him past his phobia.

I've done several searches for a relatively accurate model of the Hobbyzone Super Cub LP. I've been flying the real thing (stock) for a few years now and I've graduated to ailerons on a couple of war birds since. I still love flying the cub because I can fly it off the end of my street despite the numerous obstacles where my war birds need more runway and less obstacles.

I download hobbyzone piper supercub_EA from here. Flight modelling seems fine but the throttle is so slow to respond (up and down) that it's not even close to the real thing. I've looked at the parameters but I can't figure out how to speed up the throttle response to be more accurate. This appears to be built around 7 years ago.

Has anyone built a newer version of the Hobbyzone Super Cub LP (white w/ blue)?

I downloaded Super_Cub_EA and Funcub_exp_Electric_AV which is nice too but it has ailerons. As far as throttle response on this model, it's pretty accurate. This appears to be built a year old.

Can someone tell me how to remove the ailerons and change the rudder to the right stick?

Thanks in advance

3 weeks, 117 views and not even a "hi, welcome, sorry can't help you"

thanks for your overwhelming help and support.

And now for some real help that actually addresses what you asked for .....
Sorry Gort
I missed this post and would have answered sooner (weather its about a cub or not:rolleyes: )

Open RF
load the newer Cub
and open the aircraft editor (Rf toolbar : Aircraft > "Edit ?Cub? (Edit name of plane)"
Delete Ailerons:
In the Aircraft editors toolbar under "Options"
Make sure you have the Editor's "Display Properties"
checkmarked/set to "Advanced"
doing so opens up more(all) editable parameters
open the "+Electronics" drop down menu and delete the Aileron servos do both left and right aileron servos..(as they were added they Might be named "Physical Servo'")
OR
open the drop down tree for the "+Wings"
click on " Ailerons"
click on Left Aileron and choose "No Servo"
do the same for the right Aileron....done

Move Rudder to right stick :
Open the +Electronics drop down menu
find the "Rudder Servo " click on it and then click on "Input for this Servo"and change to "Receiver Channel 4"....Done
BTW..... in the Electronics find the "Throttle Servo" you can change the servo speed that MAY help with the throttle response.......hope this helps
again sorry for the Lame /late responses

Attachments

• ScreenShots765.jpg
    ScreenShots765.jpg
    286.5 KB · Views: 10
  • ScreenShots769.jpg
    ScreenShots769.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 6
  • ScreenShots761.jpg
    ScreenShots761.jpg
    369.9 KB · Views: 4
  • ScreenShots770.jpg