Honest opinions concerning fixing the KE forums.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well boof That is a big +1

I just hope JB and Ryan and others take it to heart and change to make this forum and RF better.

What a wonderful guy you are Boof69... do I need to remind you of the message you sent me recently. You are no different than anyone else here. So this is how you treat people behind everyone's back?? You know how I responded and you deserved both words.

Here it is... a direct quote from your e-mail.
"I just wanted to let you know that you're reporting my post at KE went no where.
I didn't receive any reprimand. You should probably not be such a girl in the
future and just fight your own battles. An overbearing blowhard such as yourself
should learn to take what you try to dish out. You're an internet bully who
pushes his opinions in such an obnoxious way as if you invented the hobby of RC
flight. Get over yourself and have some tact like you do when your speaking to a
real life person face to face. Because if you spoke to me or most of my friends
like you do online you'd get smacked good and hard. Have some respect for people
even though there's nothing that they can do because you are protected by
distance and anonymity."

@12
:eek:

What killed the forum ? ....posts like that had a hand in it ,
whatever problems you and boof have should stay between you and boof............
Not put on the front page here like some cheap tabloid

Who's no different ?........
I Wish I had saved one or 2 of the unreported private messages you've sent me or jeff in the past
but even if I had ...........I would have thought twice before posting excerpts of them here.............. I can fight my own battles
and don't have to resort to running home and telling mommy what so and so said all the time ...
Its just a keyboard ..........not a sword

E-mails and Private Messages should be just that ............Private

You're always trying to stir the pot or poke a hornets nest ................where are the mods now ?
BTW12 ....invisible mode aint working for ya:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Here we go again!! THIS is exactly what has killed this forum. The constant bickering back and forth. I agree with Maj that PMs should be kept private. How do we know that What you are posting is an initial PM from Boof? How do we know it wasnt initiated by you? What started circumstances leading up to this PM? WHO CARES?!?!?!?! I for one dont give a rats arse about two people's arguments here. I came (notice past tense, rarely do anymore) here because I enjoyed the sim and creating content for the sim. NOT to catch up on Facebook type drama. If I want that, Ill go there. Ive said it before and Ill say it again. GROW UP PEOPLE!!! If you dont want to answer a question, DONT FREAKING ANSWER IT!! If someone ticks you off, THERE"S AN IGNORE LIST!!! USE IT, PLEASE!!

Those of you who think there is no problem with the KE forum want to explain why there are never any new members posting on a regular basis? I seen many years go by and the same small group of regulars posting in here. That fact alone proves just how unfriendly this place is.

The swap pages were the deciding factor for me choosing RF over Phoenix.
For many folks who went with RF over the other sims
it was the deciding factor as well
I've heard that said here on many, many occasions.....
You would think KE knows this ...and would help 3rd-party modelers and even us painters in anyway they could
I've always thought it odd that only front office admins seem to post here

Why not one of the actual KE 3-d modelers giving tips and advice and answering questios once in awhile

Last edited:
On a whim I came back and noticed this post... not surprised in the least that it's a ghost town.

Mainly, I think the board regulars killed it.

Those of you who think there is no problem with the KE forum want to explain why there are never any new members posting on a regular basis? I seen many years go by and the same small group of regulars posting in here. That fact alone proves just how unfriendly this place is.

Have to agree with this. I read some here from time to time to see if anything exiting is on the way, but the childish and hostile behavior of the few regulars here, makes sure that I don’t want to post or contribute.

They clearly can’t see it themselves, but there is no question in my mind that they are the ones that are killing the forum!!

Maj. You know that is a bald faced lie... because I have never responded to any of your messages. EVER. This is the first(and last). I have ignored every message you have ever posted and or sent my way.

Now if anyone is going to hold themselves up as honorable here, I am not, I wish I could take a lot back, but mostly for the last couple of months I have just lurked. There is no law against that or really any reason not to lurk... but the moment I said that I did not like an idea... Boof69 jumped all over me with a personal attack and the mods did nothing. I try to keep from the personal attacks, but sometimes here it is impossible. MY VERY FIRST post here, Jeffpn jumped all over me, so it started way before I joined. Recently, I was drug through the mud because everyone thought I had created a second user name. Remember that? It took quite a while for the moderators to let people know the truth on that.

Boof69 has a lot of baggage here too. For him to post the I am better than you stuff in this thread should require a bit of time in front of the mirror. I have NEVER sent an e-mail like that to anyone... nor would I care to get one again. When he holds himself out as the great moderator... then the truth should be known.

Some of the airplane designers have pushed out the users and the multi-player people. There are a lot of users that never come here. They just fly. You don't even want to hear my opinion of the designers strike. Since my opinion is clearly not liked here, I have mostly kept to myself lately but you are not going to force me out.

@12
:eek:
Who's no different ?........
I Wish I had saved one or 2 of the unreported private messages you've sent me or jeff in the past but even if I had ...........I would have thought twice before posting excerpts of them here.............. I can fight my own battles and don't have to resort to running home and telling mommy what so and so said all the time ...
Its just a keyboard ..........not a sword

Last edited:
Here is the thing, if your new forum is going to flourish it will probably do under it's own merits.
I don't think it needs it's members coming here trash talking to generate interest at the other site.
Took a quick peek at it, geez it must be exhausting talking about identical stuff at both sites.
There has got to be something more unique about it than common hatred of KE and atta-boys for each other.
I think you've made it pretty clear, for you by you, including any models it generates.

Whatever, if it yields more free stuff for the rest of us, Go For It! :D

I'm closing this thread since it doesn't seem to have anything to do with RealFlight 7.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back