Horizon Customer service sucks

CHARLESLINQUIST

I bought a copy of RealFlight two years ago. I loaded it onto my desktop machine at that time and somehow lost the original disk and case. I wanted to use it on my laptop instead, so I downloaded a copy on my laptop, thinking that I could use the key from the desktop machine after I finished installing the pgm on my laptop. When I tried to bring up the pgm on my laptop, I got "maximum number of installations exceeded" and the program would not start. So I thought, OK, I can only load it on one machine at a time. I de-installed it on my laptop and went back to my desktop machine. When I try to start the program, I'm told that I get the message "maximum number of installations exceeded" and now the program won't start on ANY machine. Calling Horizon "customer service" is no help - they tell me that there is nothing they can do. I can understand if they want to sell a copy for each machine, but locking a customer out of ALL instances is not a way to get good reviews.

Hello,

Understand you don't have the Software Serial Number anymore as you lost the original disk and case. If this is correct, the below is problematic as no evidence in hands to demonstrate you own the license:

"Technical Support will need to validate your copy of RealFlight using the Software Serial Number"

Do you have any proof of purchase maybe or from bank transaction history? That could help when discussing with the technical support.

Otherwise, let's see if some expert pass
by and there are many active contributors here.

Good luck.

Years ago I got the maximum number of installations exceeded message. I called tech support and told them I've upgraded my computer a few times and was reinstalling again and they looked at my registration information and said they'd reset the count for me. That worked just fine and I could run my new installation.

@CHARLESLINQUIST, did you get your issue resolved?

Parts of what you describe don't make sense to me. If you are still having issues, can you post a screenshot of exactly what you're seeing? Please obscure any personal information, including your RealFlight serial number.

Back