How can I fix the delay in the Flight Simulator screens

Status
Not open for further replies.

daewoo

Ok here is the problem.

When its runninmg it has delays which make in look likes its skipping frames because it is. How can I get a smooth look to it?

Also the down arrow doesn't let me see the ground like it supposed to. I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is.

I am running windows 2000 pro on a gateway computer.

Help please :)

Greetings,
I'm running G2 on a 1.8g, 1meg RDRAM, TI4200 128meg vid card using 45.23 drivers, machine with XP. Since I'm on DSL, I always have what I call my "shields" up.(Antivirus,Antispyware, and Zonealarm.) I have the same problem that you do, skipping frames or freezing just for a moment. It's irritating to say the least.

I have had the same problem as you and I found that my antispyware was causing the problem. With it on, my framerates are in the high 70-80's with all graphics sliders maxed, BUT, every 20-30 seconds the framerates would drop down quite a bit and the screen would stutter or freeze then resume working correctly. I shut off the anti spyware(don't need it when I'm not cruising the web) and presto, no more problem.

So what I would suggested is to shut off any background programs you might be running and through the process of elimination you might find one of them messing you up.

Now as far as your button not working you might need to check out your keyboard assignments in the options section. It might be there. If not, you should be able to assign it. Unfortunately, I've no experience with this. Maybe someone else can give you a hand. I'll try to mess with it later and I'll post back here if I find out how.

Gotta go. Breakfast is ready.
hobiewan:)

Last edited:
Thanks I'll try that and see if I can get it to run smoothly. :)

I have spyware, adware, and Nortan running because I'm like you I'm on cable which means its always on.

Anyway thaanks for the info and I'll try it and post my results. :)

I tried it but still have the suttering effect. I'm running a 2.5 with 512 memory which should be fast enough. Maybe I set it up wrong. I'll keep trying. :)

What video card are you running? Try turning down all of your graphics sliders to minimum. If that helps, try turning them up a little at a time until the stuttering re-appears then back off a bit.
Also, make sure the inside of your computer is clean. Dirt or fuzz build up will cause heat to reach an unacceptable level which then can manifest itself in stuttering.
If all else fails, try taking it to the computer shop and see if they can help ya out.

Good luck.
hobiewan

Last edited:
I finally got it to stop suttering by changing the resolution to 640 X 400 or something like that. Anyway it flies smoothly now. I have no more excuses to learning to fly. :)

Good deal! Sorry I didn't think about the resolution. I'm fortunate that I have a reasonably high end computer and resolution hasn't ever been a problem for me. I can run 1072x680x32bit with all the sliders maxed out, and believe me the aircraft are very nice looking.
Enjoy yourself. I know I sure do.:D
hobiewan

daewoo said:
Ok here is the problem.

When its runninmg it has delays which make in look likes its skipping frames because it is. How can I get a smooth look to it?

Also the down arrow doesn't let me see the ground like it supposed to. I'm doing something wrong but I don't know what it is.

I am running windows 2000 pro on a gateway computer.

Help please :)

Your processor and/or graphics card could be too slow. What speed is your processor and what graphics card do you have? Try turning off SHADOWS under the VIEW tab if you haven't already done so. This helps a lot of slow cards.

Holy Cow! Sorry, had to display my emotion of resurecting a more than 2 year old thread.

Pointing to information on the download question

LEst.

Take a look at my post on the 3.5 forum under Newbie Questions.

I just got some great info. on that subject there.

HR

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back