How do I move Custom Aircraft from 9.5 to Evolution?

HardwayDaniel

Basic user question. I cannot find the location of the 9.5 Custom Aircraft folder on my computer in order to import into Evolution.
Suggestions? TIA.

Even if you have a previous version of RealFlight installed on the computer, RealFlight Evolution installs as a new product and creates a new folder in your Documents folder. It leaves the Documents\RealFlight 9 folder alone. (The full path would default to C:\Users\yourname\Documents\RealFlight 9.)

If you'd like to bring over some of your customizations from RF9 or 9.5 to Evo, you can just copy the files from the RealFlight 9 folder. Make sure you copy the files - you don't want to move them from the RF9 folder, or else you'll mess up RF9.5! You may want to back up the RealFlight 9 folder before you begin.

Make sure RealFlight is NOT running when you do this!

To get your custom Controller Profiles brought over, copy the files from Documents\RealFlight 9\Radio Profiles over to Documents\RealFlight Evolution\Radio Profiles.

I also had some custom models that I downloaded from the RealFlight forums, and custom-edited copies of models (some downloaded and some that are stock) in RF9.

You can import the downloaded custom models into Evo using the RFX packages that you used to import the models into RF9.5. And honestly, that's probably easier. I only had two downloaded models, so I chose to do it by copying the files manually. If you copy the files manually, copy all of the contents of Documents\RealFlight 9\Vehicles over to Documents\RealFlight Evolution\Vehicles. But then you must do one more step - some of those files contain the name of the folder where they're located. For each model, you'll have to edit a file in Documents\RealFlight Evolution\Vehicles\CustomModels ending with a .bse extention. (Use Notepad to edit these files!) Inside those .bse files, you'll see references to ...\Documents\RealFlight 9\Vehicles... Change the "RealFlight 9" to "RealFlight Evolution" and save the file. Then do the same thing for the model files in Documents\RealFlight Evolution\Vehicles\ColorSchemes in each .colorscheme file.

To bring over your custom-edited copies of models (changes you made to any of the aircraft parameters in the editor), copy the files from Documents\RealFlight 9\Vehicles\CustomVehicles to Documents\RealFlight Evolution\Vehicles\CustomVehicles. No editing is necessary in those files.

Back