How do the mig 21's laniding gear go up

Wingman57

the only thing i need to do is add the main gear but i need some help finding out how the landing gear go up so i can cut out the right surfaces

Yes i understand that but how do they fit in there because when i go to make the doors visible in wings 3d and the gear go right through the gear doors thats why i need to know how they fit in the gear holding places

what he meant is how the door opens in or out

i think on the front, there are two gear doors that opens down and allowing the front gear to retract up.

i don't know about the wings but that's all i know about the front

with regards the main gear i think the wheel rotates as the gear retracts into the fuselage, its the only way it would fit into the opening in the fuselage (try clicking on the image, its an animated gif)

Attachments

• mig21_gear.gif
    mig21_gear.gif
    26 KB · Views: 75
Do i need to seperate this part here to make the gear go up like that

Attachments

• Mig-21.JPG
    Mig-21.JPG
    117.8 KB · Views: 72
The gear is basically a hierarchy of parts ...

~CS_LW --> ~CS_LG --> ~CS_LMW --> FUSELAGE

I've explained gear doors here

what you need to do is combine the two. To get the main wheel to rotate as the whole gear is retracts you need to link it to a dummy "gear door" object (just use a small cube object) If you look in the picture below, the box with the 2 next to it.

You need to call this object ~CS_GD1_ something, this means that it will rotate at the same time as the main gear retracts. You have to add the NUP values as well (see the gear doors link above for more info on NUP stuff)

You can do a similar thing to get the gear to rotate about two axis at the same time (See cube no 1 in pic below) if you have modelled it like the real one it rotates up and forward at the same time !

In a blatant plug for Expansion Pack 4 if you take a look at the mig 15 thats how I set its gear.

Attachments

• gear_exploded.jpg
    gear_exploded.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 63
waiting ...

Tony Elms said:
In a blatant plug for URL=http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXSLD0&P=7]Expansion Pack 4[/URL] if you take a look at the Mig 15 thats how I set its gear.
Tower H is certainly being slow about shipping. I've been on the wait-list since the 1st day it was announced. Must be packaging each 1 and each 0 individually, huh? Wonder where they found bubble wrap at the micro level? :D
As an ex Mig-15 jock from the "good old days" (pre- Red Flag) at Nellis, in the aerial maneuvering tactics development and training squadron, I'm really excited about that bird coming into my hangar. Love your work. Glad you're here. Thx.

Tony Elms said:
The gear is basically a hierarchy of parts ...

~CS_LW --> ~CS_LG --> ~CS_LMW --> FUSELAGE

I've explained gear doors here

what you need to do is combine the two. To get the main wheel to rotate as the whole gear is retracts you need to link it to a dummy "gear door" object (just use a small cube object) If you look in the picture below, the box with the 2 next to it.

You need to call this object ~CS_GD1_ something, this means that it will rotate at the same time as the main gear retracts. You have to add the NUP values as well (see the gear doors link above for more info on NUP stuff)

You can do a similar thing to get the gear to rotate about two axis at the same time (See cube no 1 in pic below) if you have modelled it like the real one it rotates up and forward at the same time !

In a blatant plug for Expansion Pack 4 if you take a look at the mig 15 thats how I set its gear.
Hey tony i have a question,About the Mig-15.. Is it a replica of the BVM(Bob Violette Models) Mig-15 or just a replica of the full-scale?

Back