How do you build objects?

ScottN3N

What software works best to build objects to import into a Realflight airpiort? I routinely use AutoCAD, but it doesn't seem appropriate. Also how do you bring these objects into the library for Realflight & what file extension does it need? I've read the help & searched the forums with no luck. All I can find is to insert the objects that are already in the library.

Thank you for your help.

Any software that will generate a .3ds file will do. I use Wings 3D (free software), others use 3DS Max ($$$). But the file must be converted by KE's kex tool, which is a plugin for .3ds Max, or a standalone converter. If you don't have access to Max, then a free option would be to use Blender, but good luck trying to learn that.

jeffpn said:
Any software that will generate a .3ds file will do.

WRONG!

At the moment only Blender, AC3D and of course 3dsmax besides professional 3d converters like Deep Exploration are able to generate 3ds.-files which can be converted by the 3ds2kex converter. Most of all other .3ds-file generating software is simply a waste of time, because the internal structure of the .3ds-file is not accepted by the 3ds2kex-converter. There is a reason why rayvel spend so much time programming the 3ds2kex converter script for blender, otherwise we could simply used the already available .3ds-export function blender provided before...

Back