How do you create water on Real Flight courses?

You can add water anywhere you want using existing terrain.

Find a nice place for what you want and add water in the editor.

First make sure that the water is set to "Enable " (yes)

Then you must make sure its set to "Render"the water (yes)(It should be by default, but double check)

Then you just increase the water level (Water Surface Altitude) value until it floods the your chosen area to the level you want

Keep in mind that you can not just make a pond or lake some where and leave lower elevations dry
the water level setting is Global ,( as if the oceans water level has risen)

There are other parameters that can be set like the water color and how far under the water you can see(visibility)

Attachments

• enable.jpg
    enable.jpg
    263.3 KB · Views: 31
  • render.jpg
    render.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 29
  • alt.jpg
    alt.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
I still don't get it. None of you are explaining EXACTLY how to do it. Do I do it within the editior? Do I have to make a hole first and then fill it with water? How would I do that? What is it under in the simulator editor?

that wasn't EXACTLY????

READ my post again SLOWLY
follow the screen shots!!!..monkey see, monkey do
open the editor
all of the things you need to change will be in the first window(s) that open up when the editor opens

Last edited:
cessna185 said:
I still don't get it. None of you are explaining EXACTLY how to do it. Do I do it within the editior? Do I have to make a hole first and then fill it with water?
Post 2 and post 4 answer those questions.

Well, some folks are very particular about how their hands are held. :rolleyes:

I suggest a firm grip Major. Something that instills a strong yet conforting sense. :p

cessna185 said:
I still don't get it. None of you are explaining EXACTLY how to do it. Do I do it within the editior? Do I have to make a hole first and then fill it with water? How would I do that? What is it under in the simulator editor?

As stated phrank's and Maj's post told you what to do...

Maj's post shows you on a STEP BY STEP basis.

phrank said:
I suggest a firm grip Major. Something that instills a strong yet conforting sense. :p

There's a GREAT punchline awaiting that setup, but I can't get it out! :D

you said please .
say to mee......
theres something I don't un der stand
I said please.
follow these
I did the best I caaaaaan......
don't wanna hold your haaaaand
don't wanna hold your hand ....................
and when I told you
I felt happy
inside
but when you said it did not help you
I cried.............I criiiied............I criiiiiied
:p

Last edited:
Maj. Numbskully said:
you said please .
say to mee......
theres something I don't un der stand
I said please.
follow these
I did the best I caaaaaan......
don't wanna hold your haaaaand
don't wanna hold your hand ....................
and when I told you
I felt happy
inside
but when you said it did not help you
I cried.............I criiiied............I criiiiiied
:p

And the screaming fan girls go nuts!!!! :D

First make sure that the water is set to "Enable " (yes)

Then you must make sure its set to "Render"the water (yes)(It should be by default, but double check)

Then you just increase the water level (Water Surface Altitude) value until it floods the your chosen area to the level you want

Keep in mind that you can not just make a pond or lake some where and leave lower elevations dry
the water level setting is Global ,( as if the oceans water level has risen)

There are other parameters that can be set like the water color and how far under the water you can see(visibility)

I did i, funny thing is that I wanted to do this in the same place you used for an example LOL

But how can I add waves or undulations on the surface of the water? There is an airport that I really miss on RealFlight and that is a foto realistic beach, dune for slope soaring. I would be great if that could be added.

I did i, funny thing is that I wanted to do this in the same place you used for an example LOL

But how can I add waves or undulations on the surface of the water? There is an airport that I really miss on RealFlight and that is a foto realistic beach, dune for slope soaring. I would be great if that could be added.

What version of RealFlight were you using that had that photofield? If it's something that you downloaded, it's probably still on the Swap pages.

Back