How do you get recorded flights onto YouTube?

Harlem

I have a video editing suite which utilises just about every type of file going.

I done lot's of digging but can't see any threads on how you use RF recorded files.

I am assuming you can use them in a video editing suite?

How do you get files from 'recordings' file?

Nothing seems to work.

Maybe you can't and i am assuming wrongly?

You don't... the recordings aren't video. They're basically instructions to RF: load this plane at this airport and pretend the user is currently twiddling the controller this way. RF regenerates the video from that information each time you replay the recording.
You'll need to use software that can capture RF's output to a video file. I'm sure that there are threads on the message board that discuss how to do it but they're probably in forums for older versions of RF. You'll need to use search to find them.

Thanks Bill, i did a search, maybe i am not using the right search words.

Just found yet another problem however, the Name next to the plane in playback is my surname, which i don't wan't uploading on YT.

So tonight i changed it on my laptop thinking that was the source. I did a uninstall and then a re-install of RF so that the name was not my surname.

All that work to find the same name next to the plane!!!!!

I guess now that name is taken from your details when you have to register onto RF? I.E. it's not taken from your laptop User name, but surname registered on RF records?

So i will have to uninstall yet again, when i fill in the RF register info, lie about my surname?

Thanks Bill, i did a search, maybe i am not using the right search words.

Just found yet another problem however, the Name next to the plane in playback is my surname, which i don't wan't uploading on YT.

So tonight i changed it on my laptop thinking that was the source. I did a uninstall and then a re-install of RF so that the name was not my surname.

All that work to find the same name next to the plane!!!!!

I guess now that name is taken from your details when you have to register onto RF? I.E. it's not taken from your laptop User name, but surname registered on RF records?

So i will have to uninstall yet again, when i fill in the RF register info, lie about my surname?
I just use a screen recorder...
The source of your name is your PC name but you can easily change it by going to multiplayer pilot profile but That is if your using a disk version of RF if your using the steam version its your steam username and you have to change that instead of changing it in RF...
GoodLuck

1640050463586.png

Last edited:
Thanks Rory and Bill, great help thanks. Yeah i am on Disc 9.5 (tried Steam - not for me)
I just use a screen recorder...
The source of your name is your PC name but you can easily change it by going to multiplayer pilot profile but That is if your using a disk version of RF if your using the steam version its your steam username and you have to change that instead of changing it in RF...
GoodLuck

View attachment 127443

Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee i spent all last night uninstalling and reinstalling and in 1 min i have managed to solve the problem.

Yep have disc 9.5 and in multiplayer changed name, now it records with may Daughters name next to the plane.

I now know how your Dad must feel, for 9 years i have been buying my Daughter Quads, helicopters and Speed boats, trying to sow a seed of RC. After all these years we flew a plane in real life this week, from the first flight no buddy lead on an aileron Trainer, wow what a natural. Really she is so good, the next day she flew a 3D plane solo, no buddy lead (my Bipez design). Making another YT helpful 'Beginners Tutorial' video from it soon.

Proud just doesn't do the feeling justice, there should be another word invented for feeling this way.

Thank you so much Rory

Attachments

• 20211218_112951(0).jpg
    20211218_112951(0).jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 5
I did a quick search on "capture video" and found this:
It's not very detailed, but there are several pages of hits I didn't look through. I'm sure I've seen a much more comprehensive thread somewhere, but it's been a while & I just don't remember much about it.
I hope someone who routinely does it will chime in to help you.
Thanks Bill, will have a look, appreciated. Take Care

I did a lot of research, and ultimately it was going to cost $50 for some decent software. Most suitable and trusted software being NCH because i already have software from them and after 5 years still happy with their software programs.

In my reading a member here, a member stated it is usually just a short lived thing, the desire to make RF vids. And tbh you don't see many. So i decided just to playback the recording on RF and video with my phone. I experimented with different lights, distance away from laptop, differing phone angles and laptop screen angles.

The result is not as good as if i used some video capture software, buttttt costs nothing and doesn't run the risk of downloading virus's and adding memory problems to your laptop.

I posted video on my other thread as i don't wan't to get in trouble double posting.

I use windows 10 native game recorder to record RF videos for youtube. just press windowsKey+G to open the windows/Xbox game bar or WindowsKey+Alt+R just start recording

I use windows 10 native game recorder to record RF videos for youtube. just press windowsKey+G to open the windows/Xbox game bar or WindowsKey+Alt+R just start recording
Thanks,i'll give that a go, i just watched my vid on Youtube and am not 100% happy with the result.

Wow, somebody in my research said use windows 10 somehow but they didn't explain what to do, what to search for or where to start, so i was none the wiser.

Incredibly you don't even have to download any extra app or software, it is so easy.

Thank you so much

For anybody else:-
  • Open the app you want to record.
  • Press the Windows key + G at the same time to open the Game Bar dialog.
  • Check the "Yes, this is a game" checkbox to load the Game Bar (i didn't even have to do this).
  • Click on the Start Recording button (or Win + Alt + R) to begin capturing video.
  • Video file will be in 'this pc', 'video files', 'captures'.

Back