RealFlight products are distributed via Steam®When you purchase a RealFlight product, you will receive a Steam key, either on a paper card or via email or other digital method. This key must be activated on Steam for use.
Installing the Steam Client (if necessary)RealFlight simulator apps and DLC (DownLoadable Content) require the Steam client. If you do not have Steam installed:
- In your internet browser, visit: store.steampowered.com/about/
- Click the INSTALL STEAM button.
- Install Steam using the downloaded file.
- Run Steam when prompted.
- Log into your Steam account. If you do not have one, click Create a New Account… .
Installing your RealFlight App or DLCVerify the Steam client is running and that you are logged into your account.
- Select the Games menu item.
- Select Activate a Product on Steam.
- When prompted, type your RealFlight Steam key into the Product Code field, exactly as it appears on the card included in the box. You will receive confirmation that your app or content are successfully activated.
- Click FINISH.
- For simulator apps:
- Steam will prompt you to install the software. Confirm your installation options and click Next.
- The installation dialog will close, and the download will begin. Progress displays at the bottom of the Steam Client.
- For DLC (DownLoadable Content)
- Your DLC will appear on the Steam Library page for your simulator app, and will be available inside it.
Starting RealFlight Simulators from the Steam Client
- With the Steam client running, choose the Library option to view the list of installed games/programs.
- Select your simulator app (RealFlight Evolution, RealFlight Trainer Edition, etc.) from the list of available options.
- Click Play to start your sim.