HOW TO BE ABLE TO SEE THE WIND SOCK.

vette2016

I would like to be able to see the wind sock Real Flight Evolution. Would help with adjusting the wind. Really would like to be able to see it all the time or when I want to. How do you do it?

Pressing the Up arrow on your keyboard will look over at the windsock for as long as you hold the key down. Once released, the camera will return to your model.

Being aware of wind speed and direction is an important part of flying successfully in the real world. It's important in RealFlight, too, assuming wind is turned on. Unfortunately, this is one area where things are more difficult in the simulator than the real world, where you can look freely about the world at will. The Quick Look feature I described above is our attempt to help with that.

There is also a "Quick Look at Ground" feature controlled by the Down arrow key. It works very similarly, and can be useful if you've flown high enough that the ground is no longer in view (usually this requires selecting a different zoom mode and/or flying very high up very near to the pilot).

In theory we could place windsocks out in front of the pilot at all the airports where they would be more visible, but that prime real estate is exactly where you don't want solid objects that will wreck lots of models. 🙂

Back