How to open RFX files for download to RF9

N387634

I have downloaded files for two planes, yet when I try to open them Windows replies that there are no files associated to RFX. I have RF9 but there doesn't seem to be any directions within the software to add additional planes. Please help!

1. Download the plane from the swap pages to any folder you want. Remeber where that folder is you'll need to naviage to it to import the plane.

2. Use the Simulation-Import-RealFlight Archive (RFX, G3X) menu item to import the plane.

3. Navigate to the folder you saved the swap page plane into and double click on the plane to import it.

4. When asked make sure you import all the planes files you might need to check OVERWRITE the files when you import the plane. Make sure you do that for all of the planes files.

5. Use the Aircraft-Selet Aircraft menu item to select the plane.

6. The swap page plane you imported will be in the Custom Aircraft folder at the top of the dialog box list.

7. Select the plane and click the OK button.

8. The plane will finish the import and show up on the runway.

Last edited:
Thank you that helps and answers one of my questions.

What happens when you rename a file When it ask you that prompt? Like a motor Name? How can I fix that?

Thank you that helps and answers one of my questions.

What happens when you rename a file When it ask you that prompt? Like a motor Name? How can I fix that?
I always just overwrite the files I've never tried to rename them. Why do you want to rename them?

But my guess would be that RealFlight would modify the file that asks for that part with the new name.

Back