How To Set A Reset Switch on Transmitter?

bob_nj

Hello all.

I'm using my own transmitter with RF9.5
I have the mixes and dual rates turned off in the software and do that from the transmitter.

I can't figure out how to set a transmitter switch instead of the spacebar to reset the software.
When I go to the option in the controller config, I get a select switch screen, but nothing happens.
Do I need to set up a channel in the transmitter or something?
Or can I not do this because I have the software mixes and dual rates turned off?

Thanks for any help
Bob

hi Bob,

The WS2000 is eight (8) channel only... if you've already used (8) then you won't be able to set a 'reset' switch.

I'm assuming you're still using the iX12.

You need to pick a switch that is not being used, and you need to pick a channel (on the iX12) that is not being used... Aux1 - Aux7.

Then, on the iX12, use the "Model Setup | Channel Assign" to put your selected switch ON your selected channel.

In your manual this is covered on page 171, and 213-ff.

Once the switch is setup on the appropriate Aux channel, then make sure the iX12 is ON and Bound to the WS2000. Enter the Select Control Editor and find the 'reset' channel. Use the Spektrum Receiver (7+ch) as a template, and save it to another name. Mine is called "Generic Plane Sim II".

The first seven channels should be set (little x on far right).

Scroll down to the bottom and search for the 'Reset' channel. Click the 'unassigned' input bar, and when the 'Input Detection' panel comes up, click your selected switch on the iX12. In my case I chose switch (B) just for fun.

Then save the Radio Profile. Reset has two functions. (1) momentary switch is the 'Reset' you're looking for... resets after a crash, do this quickly on|off... (2) hold the 'reset' switch 'rewinds' the flight so that you can play it forward again, or start from that point... hold the switch on for your desired time, then release it.

Just to sum up the big picture... setup a switch on one of your Aux channels on the iX12. Use the Input Detection on the Controller Editor to setup your switch on the iX12 to the Radio Profile channel 'reset'.

PS edit: if you didn't use the Spektrum Receiver (7+Ch) as a template, you may not 'see' the Radio Profile 'Reset' channel.

PSS edit: the reason I chose switch (B) is that I also use switch (B) for mode... SAFE | AS3X. I use switch (B) position (2) for 'Reset', pos (0) for SAFE, and pos (1) for AS3X. Again pos (2) momentary is 'reset', and pos(2) hold is for 'rewind'. In other words, switch (B) in my transmitter functions (at the same time) as input for the Radio Profile channel 'mode', and Radio Profile channel 'reset'.

marcus

Last edited:
I have confirmed that the switch (I) [ 27 on the iX12 ] may be used as the 'Reset' function.

Mine is set as follows using the post above:

Four channels normal, elevator, aileron, throttle, rudder.

switch (A) on Gear [ Whl on iX12 ]

switch (B) on Aux1

switch (I) on Aux2

switch (D) on Aux3

Using Spektrum Receiver (7+Ch) as template, set (A) on Smoke (gear, whl), set (B) on 'mode', set (I) on 'Reset', and set (D) on 'flaps'. Do ALL D/R Expo on the transmitter, and turn OFF software D/R Expo. It is interesting that the same switch may be 'Input Detected' for more than one function, and if they are apposing this can be very handy; for instance, switch (A) can also be Input Detected for 'throttle hold' as well as 'smoke/gear'. Now the same profile can be used with both helis and planes... switch A is gear for planes with retract (smoke on others) and switch (A) may also be used as throttle hold helis. Switch (B) is 'mode' on planes, and 'idle-up' on helis. In any case switch (I) momentary click is 'Reset' after crash ( or refuel ) and holding switch (I) is 'rewind|play'.

marcus

As usual, thanks again Marcus.
I'm on it.
I'll let you know how it shakes out.

Thanks for taking time to help others that get lost in the ether...

Ok, got it.

The only thing I did different was something I found in a document geared towards NX transmitters, but this particular item carries over.

At the bottom of page 8 is this -->

Another step is necessary! If you stop right there, RF will instead treat your new switch/button
as a Rewind function. To make it work like the space bar instead (reset/start over), you need to
go into Simulation menu > Settings, find the Rewind category on the left, and then set "Enable
Rewind" to "No". Now the button/switch on the TX works like the space bar.
Revision 2

Thank you again.
Take care
Bob

Attachments

• RF 9.5 Controller Setup - NX Transmitter.pdf
    922.8 KB · Views: 42
hi Bob, yeah, you don't really want to disable Rewind|Play; well, in the first place it isn't necessary. In the second place Rewind|Play is a 'really' handy feature that you will grow to appreciate. Even the space-bar on your computer keyboard has two functions... if you tap it momentarily it will 'reset'; but, if you hold it down it will Rewind|Play. That's normal for the 'Reset' function.

Best to you; hav'fun.

marcus

Back