How to texture Blades and the blur disc?

you can not paint the stock blades.

That's a bummer. Most of my real heli's have colored blades or at least blade tips and the disk is extremely visible. Having a blur disc mod would add realism and reduce orientation loss. I love the fact that I can go nuts with color schemes but the blades should be part of the pack. They should add this!

@ToddMcF2002, as @legoman said, you can't modify the appearance of the stock blades. But you may have missed that he linked to information about how to create your own custom blades which you can design however you like.

I realize there is a considerable leap from being able to modify textures to being able to create 3D art. That is the only available method, however. If you're interested, I encourage you to give it a shot!

I used to do 3d modeling in 3DStudioMax for game development as a hobby. The thought of messing with a tool like that again gives me the shakes. Is that what we are talking about here? I just want to dork around in Paint.net. :D I did a color scheme for the 150s and uploaded it the other day. That was fun. I just wanted to retexture some blades.

I used to do 3d modeling in 3DStudioMax for game development as a hobby. The thought of messing with a tool like that again gives me the shakes. Is that what we are talking about here? I just want to dork around in Paint.net. :D I did a color scheme for the 150s and uploaded it the other day. That was fun. I just wanted to retexture some blades.
It is possible to download a heli EA or AV that has a custom blade set, import that same heli twice and rename the overwriting blade set to the blades you want to make, then use software such as gimp or photoshop to design the visual blade and blade blur. I've used this method to make many blades in the past that aren't in the sim.

Back