Howe many channels...

Yup.

Even with the Interface you only get the first 8 channels.

Note that this may be more of a limitation with PPM when using the Interface.

It appears as though RealFlight supports 12 channels, since you can map 12 input channels to 12 RealFlight channels. PPM supports at least 18 channels (like on the Futaba 18MA and Spektrum DX18). So I guess you could potentially program the radio's first 12 PPM channels as any of the outputs available on the radio, then use RealFlight to map those 12 input channels to any channel used by the model. If that's not the case, then the documentation should explain this a bit more clearly.

RealFlight also provides 4 virtual channels (5-8) so that you can use your keyboard if your radio has less than 8 channels. It doesn't appear to support virtual channels 9-12, not even through additional binding. So I guess if you have a 12-channel model, you can't operate channels 9-12 unless you have a 12-channel radio.

According to the Setup instructions for the DX18, You Only get the first 8 Channels to work with the Interface. 9-12 are not functional with the Transmitter.

8 channels are available... 9-12 are reuses of other channels...

8 only true input channels... 8 ... 8... 8

There certainly have been requests for more.... has not happened yet. One can hope that this is a sign of things to come... (but they need more channels - 12 not enough)

8 channels used to be top of the mountain, now even my dog has 11channels to control the cat.

Last edited:
Back