Hughes XF-11 build

HAHA!!! You all though this project dies again didn't you!!!??!?! Well, it nearly did! I had been working on the project off an USB drive then it got lost before I could upload to my PC. Turns out I dropped it in the snow. Its been so freaking cold lately today has been the first time anything could even melt. I even had a burst water pipe in my house! Ok, so it was found... lets resume.

Come on Willsonman! You can do it! lol

On another note, How do i post the little dancing bananas?

I did a rough import to MAX to get an idea of poly count. Sitting a hair above 23000. Keep in mind the gear and motors have next to no poly reduction. I'm considering bumping out some of the instrument panel but I'm not sure if it will look funny over a plain bump map. I've not done a detailed instrument panel like this before.

Did all my linking and got started on pivots last night. After looking at the poly count and gear doors I may go back and model some offset hinges for them. While piano hinges could be used on a small segment I am thinking a cleaner and more realistic look would be done with offset hinges.

After fighting with the new importing process I've got her into RF. Some pivots need re-done (outer flaps and ailerons) and I need to revisit my saved tutorials on NUP values. The gear doors and struts are not behaving on retract. Other than that I think it will turn out great. There are some needed areas for smoothing groups. After another look at the gear doors and my limited reference pictures piano hinges would be a better option for how the gear folds so I will leave them as-is.

I've gotten the gear doors figured out. Forgot about GD1 etc. commands. Pivots fixed and started mapping. I had to google the UVW editor as navigating it was a bit foreign for 2008 to 2012 versions. I've solved my springy landing gear issue. This is my first twin but not my first twin boom. I had to remove the booms as children of the wings in the physics editor. No biggie. The physics are pretty much where they need to be with a few more tweaks to comeas I get into the CS.

As this will be a RF7 release I was wondering if I could get an ADMIN to move the thread to the RF7 builders corner.

THANK YOU!!! So, with all the snow we had today I came home early so I did not die on my commute home. I managed to get more mapping in and cleaned up the tail planes with smoothing groups. Looks much better. Need to map them now.

Mapping nearly complete. Still need to do the gear doors and thats about it. I may re-map some parts as I get into the CS. Particularly around the cowl where rivet detail is more prominent. I'll try to post a Screenshot of her in RF later.

Back