Nizz

hyperbipe_EA

That's a cool bipe, thanks!

I do get a missing visual frame <kein> error when the plane loads.

Congrats, unlike most planes here, it fly's very realistic. Now i have 5 planes instead of four to fly. I won't fly most of them as it the unrealisticness will give you bad habits on a real plane!
For 3D i would like a tad more elevator, can i do that myself, sorry if it's a dumb question, i am new here and not played on it much.

<kein> is the default name for parts in the german translation of RF instead of <none>
Thank's I didn't know that. I've already deleted the plane but there was an "error" reported when the plane loads and in the physics you can see a part referring to that name so that would cause the error message when the plane loads. Have you imported the plane? Do you see the error when the plane loads?

Me too, but i don't think it actually misses anything? I get a lot of them error codes showing on swaps
If you get an error message RealFlight sees an error even if the plane fly's okay. And yes a number of swap page planes have errors like that.

Thank's I didn't know that. I've already deleted the plane but there was an "error" reported when the plane loads and in the physics you can see a part referring to that name so that would cause the error message when the plane loads. Have you imported the plane? Do you see the error when the plane loads?

errors default to in red, warnings are orange

the Vertical tail's tip has the visual frame set to <kein> and I set it to <none> and the warning goes away. However if some one who plays in german then you would see this warning Plane file refers to missing Visual Frame '<none>' on one of our planes since we play in English

it is one of rf's bugs <none> and <kein> are a default names in different languages. The aircraft files save as names of parts as text strings and since <none> and <kein> are not part of the EA but instead a language-based default the plane being saved in one language and opened in another causes this warning.

this is a much more pressing warning
Fuselage Component Fuselage has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent. means the plane won't fly right. However. Plane file refers to missing Visual Frame is much less severe being something may not animate depending on if it should

this is one of the errors not specific to any plane but what they may look like
KEError 4337: Loading base vehicle without a valid colorscheme resource.

errors default to in red, warnings are orange

the Vertical tail's tip has the visual frame set to <kein> and I set it to <none> and the warning goes away. However if some one who plays in german then you would see this warning Plane file refers to missing Visual Frame '<none>' on one of our planes since we play in English

it is one of rf's bugs <none> and <kein> are a default names in different languages. The aircraft files save as names of parts as text strings and since <none> and <kein> are not part of the EA but instead a language-based default the plane being saved in one language and opened in another causes this warning.

this is a much more pressing warning
Fuselage Component Fuselage has no frame but has non-zero aerodynamics percent. means the plane won't fly right. However. Plane file refers to missing Visual Frame is much less severe being something may not animate depending on if it should

this is one of the errors not specific to any plane but what they may look like
KEError 4337: Loading base vehicle without a valid colorscheme resource.
Okay I don't remember the color of the text (orange or red) but my point is still valid there's a problem that should be fixed, can we at least agree on that? To me a warning is still an error in your plane.

Okay I don't remember the color of the text (orange or red) but my point is still valid there's a problem that should be fixed, can we at least agree on that? To me a warning is still an error in your plane.

yes I agree error and warning should be fixed. but the reason we see it has to with the various translations of rf and how it handle saving of AV's. It is not a creator created issue.

yes I agree error and warning should be fixed. but the reason we see it has to with the various translations of rf and how it handle saving of AV's. It is not a creator created issue.
If the creator set the visual frame correctly there would be no warning. So yes this is a creator problem.

If the creator set the visual frame correctly there would be no warning. So yes this is a creator problem.

it is set correctly for the german translation pack

i opened up your AMR monster stick 150 EP in german rf and got this error.

Flugzeug Dateil bezieht sich auf fehlenden Visual Frame '<None>'

2022-01-21 18_25_08-RealFlight 9.5S.jpg

in itailian RF
2022-01-21 18_29_39-Window.jpg

in french RF
2022-01-21 18_31_17-Window.jpg

in spanish RF
2022-01-21 18_33_23-Window.jpg

in english
2022-01-21 18_35_21-Window.jpg

So, is it the creator problem? or a translation pack problem?

View attachment 127738

in itailian RF
View attachment 127739

in french RF
View attachment 127740

in spanish RF
View attachment 127741

in english
View attachment 127742

It seems I didn't assign a visual frame to a part and left it <none>, so a creator problem. Do you agree if I had assigned a visual frame to the part the warning wouldn't have happened?

What part is it?

View attachment 127738

in itailian RF
View attachment 127739

in french RF
View attachment 127740

in spanish RF
View attachment 127741

in english
View attachment 127742

To be clear "I do not" disagree there is a translation "issue" but when you know that it's your responsibility to write your code to work with the "existing tool" so there are no warnings or errors in "your" plane. I didn't know about the translation issue so it's something I need to be aware of in the future so my planes won't have warnings in another language. Fair enough? But it's still the creator's responsibility to fix it.

It seems I didn't assign a visual frame to a part and left it <none>, so a creator problem. Do you agree if I had assigned a visual frame to the part the warning wouldn't have happened?

What part is it?

the camera gimbals.
2022-01-21 19_04_50-Aircraft Editor - AMR Monster Stick 150 EP.jpg

To be clear "I do not" disagree there is a translation "issue" but when you know that it's your responsibility to write your code to work with the "existing tool" so there are no warnings or errors in "your" plane. I didn't know about the translation issue so it's something I need to be aware of in the future so my planes won't have warnings in another language. Fair enough? But it's still the creator's responsibility to fix it.

I am not going to continue anymore. but blaming a creator does not seem right when the simulator can't handle its own code and throws a warning for an issue that won't affect the plane at all. the issue being cannot find component "null" (string) using component "" (null)

If it fly's right, why worry about error warnings, just fly.
I'm a retired engineer I always worry about anything that's wrong. You don't have to know everything but you do have to work with the existing tools to fix things when you know it. How can anyone feel any different.

the camera gimbals.
View attachment 127743

I am not going to continue anymore. but blaming a creator does not seem right when the simulator can't handle its own code and throws a warning for an issue that won't affect the plane at all. the issue being cannot find component "null" (string) using component "" (null)
If the visual frame is set correctly there is no warning what is possibly wrong with stating you should set the visual frame to an existing part to get rid of the warning. You CAN'T fix the TOOL but you can fix the warning once you know what the problem is. You're looking at the problem wrong, just blaming the tool when after you know what the issue is you can fix the problem yourself. I can't tell you how many times I had to work-around an issue when I was a software engineer. Would you SHIP a PRODUCT with warnings being displayed for your customers or apply a simple fix to get rid of the warning.

the camera gimbals.
View attachment 127743

And YES if someone would have posted about the "warning" in my plane when I first uploaded it I would have removed it from the swap pages, fixed the warning, and uploaded it to the swap pages again.

Back