I can´t changue airports

JuanSalazar

I instaled recently de G4 and I am having the "Unexpeted error .... message when I try to changue the airport. Actually is possible to use only the startup airport "Ever Green Airport". The actions I have taked are: 1)update versions; 2)Unload my older G2. I used before unload the G3.5 version and worked good. The problems is there. ¿Can some one explain me what is hapening? I was reading about the solutions about clear catche, refresh versions, etc. on post with the same error mesage, but I want to be shure the causes on my case are from the same way.
Juan :confused:

Please do as it says in this thread:

CLICK ME!

DO NOT post the contents of the file into a message.

Instead UPLOAD the file so we can download it.

Everything is OK except when I try to changue the airport. Especifically when I select New airport inmediatly appear a "Unexpected error...." and the G4 is shutted down. Actually is possible to use the initial airport.
I attached the information about my PC. Do you think is the hardware the problem?
Thanks for every comment
Juan

Attachments

• Documento.txt
    121.1 KB · Views: 14
A new feature added to G4 is that when you change airports RealFlight grabs a screen shot right before the loading screen starts and uses the screen shot as the background for the loading screen. If you are not seeing the loading screen at all I would guess that the screen shot process is what is crashing and that it is some incompatibility with your graphics card.

If that is the case, there is no work around except to get a new video card, unfortunately. Perhaps you could test this theory by trying a different graphics card (borrowed from a friend perhaps).

I will enter a report so that we may look into this issue.

It couldn't be that difficult to get rid of the screen-shot capture option could it?
Maybe give us the option?
I was getting that error a lot in G3.5 with my nVidia card, but have yet to see it with my ATi card...
-Eric

It looks like your display driver is dated September of 2003 (likely from whatever CD was provided with your computer or video card), according to the tech support information in the output you attached.

If this is accurate, you should definitely look into updated video drivers, as that could very easily be the source of your problems.

:) Thank you Zach, I apretiatte your coments. Can you give me a help to describe me ¿who I can update my PC display driver? I understand that I can do it going to some web site.
Juan Salazar

www.nvidia.com is the site, upper left hand corner it says "download drivers"
Select your operating system and product, which are Windows XP and GeForce FX.
If I remember right, it doesn't really matter what geforce product you select, so long as it's a geforce.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_163.75.html is the link to their site as of today. When newer drivers are posted, the site link will change as well.

You may also be able to go to Toshiba's site and download updated drivers for your specific PC there.
-Eric

Back