I can get the pics, can you make an Airfoilz Bipe?

edge5foamy

Hey, I love the Airfoilz Edge 540, and Yak 54 for the sim, and I have a friend with the Bipe who agreed to take the pictures if someone will make the model.

Thanks!

I will get those pics for you ASAP!! Does it have to completed? The airframe is done...just working on the electronics.

Hey man, just go ahead, and finish it first., since no one has agreed to make it for the sim yet.

When you do, go ahead, and load the pics to this forum.

Would you guys please quit threatening to post pictures and do it already! :)

From experience, if you show a bit of initiative on your part, you have a better chance of capturing a modeler's interest.

Good Luck,
Frank...

phrank said:
Would you guys please quit threatening to post pictures and do it already! :)

From experience, if you show a bit of initiative on your part, you have a better chance of capturing a modeler's interest.

Good Luck,
Frank...

Well, since BigHead93 is still not done with the build, we cant really have any pics yet, and since no one has replied saying that they will make it, I was not going to rush him.

But now, I am rushing you BigHead :D

Next time I will try to post pics before posting the thread.

You don't always need to wait until the plane is finished.
Many times it is more beneficial to see the parts before they go into the plane,
each piece is modeled separately improving the final detail. Keep in mind to avoid and fancy angled pictures, they are great for presentation purposes, not so much for modeling.
You see, presenting photos of a finished plane does help in final lay-out, but a lot of the detail has to be "imagined"

As I've explained to other members, think of it as if you were to hand-draw each piece individually, what details would be important for you to complete the picture? That is the information a modeler would need.

In a foamy for instance, a scale diagram or photos of the pieces before they are glued together is much more accurate for the modeler. If you have the CAD drawings, even better.

So think of it from that point of view and your success rate will improve dramatically.

phrank said:
You don't always need to wait until the plane is finished.
Many times it is more beneficial to see the parts before they go into the plane,
each piece is modeled separately improving the final detail. Keep in mind to avoid and fancy angled pictures, they are great for presentation purposes, not so much for modeling.
You see, presenting photos of a finished plane does help in final lay-out, but a lot of the detail has to be "imagined"

As I've explained to other members, think of it as if you were to hand-draw each piece individually, what details would be important for you to complete the picture? That is the information a modeler would need.

In a foamy for instance, a scale diagram or photos of the pieces before they are glued together is much more accurate for the modeler. If you have the CAD drawings, even better.

So think of it from that point of view and your success rate will improve dramatically.

Cool! I will keep that in mind.

BigHead93, please go ahead, and post any "strait" pics possible.

Close enough for a placeholder?

edge5foamy said:
Hey, I love the Airfoilz Edge 540, and Yak 54 for the sim, and I have a friend with the Bipe who agreed to take the pictures if someone will make the model. Thanks!
Until you get what you asked for, try these foamie biplanes. I have a couple more in my hangar, and haven't located them yet, but will keep looking if you want still more. Otherwise .... enjoy.

Will these work?

Attachments

• Bipe 001.jpg
    Bipe 001.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 10
  • Bipe 002.jpg
    Bipe 002.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Bipe 003.jpg
    Bipe 003.jpg
    145.3 KB · Views: 7
  • Bipe 004.jpg
    Bipe 004.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Bipe 005.jpg
    Bipe 005.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 8
I think they have to be a little more strait. see the pics for an example...

Attachments

• EFL2150-GAL-3.jpg
    EFL2150-GAL-3.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 12
  • EFL1100-gal45_lg.gif
    EFL1100-gal45_lg.gif
    44.4 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Back