I just had to share this

WingDude

I got my T-rex 450 SE flying today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D It flys sweet, i don't think i need the trianing gear, didn't waste any money on them anyway they only cost 3 bucks (carbon with some ping pong balls).

Attachments

• heli.jpg
    heli.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 124
Go to your neighbors house and ask them if they want there leaves raked up.If they say yes just go grab your trex and fly around a little. :D

Nothing better than some quick cash.

josh0987 said:
Yeah! training gear is extra weight dude!
Hehe. But It just might help save him from getting unintended Paperweights. Just while he is setting it up and sorting it out for a few flights eh ;)

Congratulations WingDude.

Bryce.

Congratulations on getting your heli up and running, and I hope you have lots of fun. However, I have to ask this: Are there seriously no laws or regulations against flying RC Aircraft so close to built up areas, and close to people (ie, in the street near houses), in America? The street, what we see of it, is empty in that photo, but at the time it was taken, that emptiness could have changed at any moment, plus people in cars could quickly turn up.

If there indeed aren't any of the sort, which appears to be the case after reading the AMA documents a while ago, there is a serious lack of common sense from a lot of Americans after watching many videos of regular people flying their models. If you lost control of that model, be it because of a technical fault/failure, build error, or merely lack of skills and judgement, think of what would happen if a child, or even an adult just happened to be walking by on the footpath, or even stood watching nearby. If you plowed it into them there could be serious injury, perhaps even death if you think of the worst case scenario.

In a fair amount of the Alan Szabo videos, such as the indoor 3D flight video on YouTube, he's literally a few meters away from the model he's flying while he's doing all sorts of (fast) 3D maneuvers. Despite his experience and skill, he could still twitch or have a failure and lose control, and either injure himself, or plow it into the crowd that isn't a large distance away. I'm pretty sure that someone would intervene in order to stop him if he was doing that here in the UK.

Edit: Sorry for going off-topic in your thread but I'm curious as to the answer. From the videos I've seen, so many people seem to ignore the overall danger to themselves and others, especially when it comes to helis.

Last edited:
I suppose you Brits are the poster-boys for common sense Eh?
I watched a soccer game last year and when it was over, about
100,000 of your common sense bafoons were trying to kill
each other, rioting? now that IS common sense huh?

Last edited:
Hovering an electric in the front yard is nothing to worry about. I do the same with mine all the time. I have done it multiple times with. I have hovered and done simple circuits in my cul-de-sac. Luckily the neighbors don't care, they actually think its pretty cool :) Of course I don't push my luck doing aerobatics in such close quarters.

600n_00010.jpg

Unreal:

No, the laws around here tend to be towards gas/nitro powered planes.

Typically there is nothing on the books about electrics.

I've flown my helis in my front and back yard many times w/o problems or incident, but as above, they tend to be my smaller 400 sized electrics and below.

I also fly my "indoor" models outside when the air is calm.

For some reason the sound of an electric motor does not seem to scare the neigbors.

While there is always SOME danger, with these small helis, it's not as bad as you're making it out to be.

The larger helis are another matter, and I don't see any people flying 600 sized and above birds in their front yards or in parks....

The Darwin award winning videos, usually are about idiots attempting to fly Nitro Raptors, etc. in their living room.

Rest assured that these people will not be contributing to the gene pool.

Szabo and a few others fall into a completely different class of flyers... those who CAN do idiotic things and not only get away with it, but also get paid for doing so.

eh, they "don't count".

I've flown my Hurricane 550 out in my backyard and front yard several times now and that's like 3 times bigger than a 450 heli. I also like to fly my sjm400, Dragonus 450, MX-400, and various other helis in those areas. I tend to do a lot less with the larger helis than I do with the smaller ones since I'm not comfortable with the lack of space but there's no harm in flying them there. That's just pure paranoia. I tend to do all of my heli setup out in front of my house as its so much easier than trecking down to the field and back to fix a setup error. Heck I even do flips and stuff with the smaller 450 helis out in front of my house. Even if the heli were to fly apart the peices wouldn't hit any of my neighbors houses. Just not worried about that. Of course I am conscious of people and cars walking by and set the heli down accordingly. Its just use common sense when flying these things. Honestly if there was any question at all flying anything at all using these remote control devices would be against the law right? You're never 100% safe no matter what you do in this world.

Attachments

• 10_26_07 001.jpg
    10_26_07 001.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Opjose and Lostsoul, Well said boys! Mr Brit. has more of a problem
with AMERICANS than anthing else. He must be a Soccer MOM.

WingDude said:
I don't need another Gyro, it's not like i suck. I have 3 Helis.

I'm not doing 3D the weights not going to hurt it.
But it will fly a lot different, and if you have 3 helicopters whats the need of training gear? :confused:

Back