I may have found a problem with the helis

td9cowboy

In the editor when adjusting the positive and negative degrees of pitch on the blades, as long as the pitches are equal +/- center stick is zero degrees. If you have +10 positive and adjust the maximum negative pitch to like -3 to limit negative pitch here it shifts the center stick zero pitch position even though the curves are linear +100/-100. Can that be right? I can work around this with the curves but I would like to know if this shift under main rotor is intended or an oversight. If it is intended, what is it's purpose?

Last edited:
I'm always a little late to the party :D I see a lot of setups using these settings for scale birds to eliminate inverted flight. They might be using it as a cheat so they don't have to mess with the pitch curves never realizing why they are now hovering way below center stick. It could have always been like this.

Last edited:
I will have a look at this very soon. Please make sure if you every see anything of concern, you bring it to my attention.

Thanks,
Chris McVey

Thanks Chris. Let me know if you have any questions or confusion from my crude explanation.

Last edited:
I finally get what your PM meant about the Air-Crane. I set the physics to just what I thought it should technically be set to and never paid any attention to where my stick position was. I think I increased the positive pitch eventually and I know I had the negative set at -3 on one of my last edits.

That is where my ADD shines! I just pay attention to the overall feel and if I can get it to fly like a slow lumbering giant, which I failed at in my RF6 physics attempts. Thank you td9 for the help on that!

Hi !

It would be better to open ONE thread with all those bugs and issues we found. Every user opened a new thread himself. Thats not very helpful.

The Bugs and Issues Thread must be WITHOUT comments. Would be great.

maxx

Jim how about asking in your sticky that people who start threads on "bugs" begin each thread with "Bug Report: " just to isolate and differentiate these threads.

I'm not sure this is a bug or if it is specific to 6 so I didn't know where to put it. It was reported that it was noticed by others in an earlier version. It is a brand new discovery for me and using this setting to limit pitch and if not equal +/- shifting zero on the head is in direct conflict with the pitch curves in the radio which allow you to create four different flight modes and shift zero pitch to anywhere you want to. The amount of available pitch is limited only by the head design and the settings in the swash mix on the radio in the real world. How that pitch is used is configured in the pitch curves in the transmitter. To my knowledge there is no other means to adjust the throws to anything other than equal(with the swash centered in it's range of travel) or shift it's center(zero pitch) other than in the pitch curves.

Picture making a change to the deflection on the elevator that were unequal and it shifting the center position and no way to redefine that center.

Last edited:
jbourke said:
Actually, I'd prefer we had a separate thread for each issue.

Jim

Ok. I subscribe to the majority (my english is awful sry) i hope you understand what i mean.

maxx

Back