I need more trim / better aircraft editor manual anywhere?

Slammr

There are a lot of custom aircraft out there where the 20 standard clicks get you nowhere close to zeroing a plane out...the Messerschmitt Bf110 comes quickly to mind, among others. Anyone got any suggestions?

I've just started delving into the pane editor, and while the stock manual is, um, decent, are there any better resources/docs out there? I'm trying to build a plane from scratch and I'm finding it rather challenging. ;)

Thanks,
Slammr

You may have to get into a little more detail about your problem /comment. Your posts is kind of vague. We`re here to help:)

Have you Calibrated the Interlink?.....
I don't mean once .but often ?

You may want to try that

Worst case Scenario you can set/dial in trim in the Aircraft Editor

Some Swap Page Aircraft exported from different versions than the one you are using , May need some tweaking to fly correctly

Last edited:
Have to agree with Maj. First try to adjust the weights around to adjust the CG. If you're set on adjusting the trim, here ya go.

Attachments

• ScreenShot078.jpg
    ScreenShot078.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 19
There are a lot of custom aircraft out there where the 20 standard clicks get you nowhere close to zeroing a plane out...the Messerschmitt Bf110 comes quickly to mind, among others. Anyone got any suggestions?

I've just started delving into the pane editor, and while the stock manual is, um, decent, are there any better resources/docs out there? I'm trying to build a plane from scratch and I'm finding it rather challenging. ;)

Thanks,
Slammr

This kind of thing normally involves wing and tail incidences, where the AV author may have not performed flight trim tests that are standard on competition RC aircraft...

e.g. power off straight down dive, power on straight up flight, level from full power to power off, inverted from full power to power off, etc. etc. etc.

I see tons of planes in the swap pages that have incidence problems because of inexperienced AV authors.

If you find that the C.G. is right but you don't seem to be able to get level flight at 80-90% power on, then adjust the tail incidence. Set the trim to ZERO then edit the plane's tail incidence until you get your desired flight line.

If the plane climbs excessively at full power but you cannot fix it with engine up ( yes UP not down ) thrust and trim, the adjust the wing root incidence to a value closer to zero.

All of this mimics exactly what I do to correct bad or unwanted behavior on my real RC planes. Some of the better RC models have wing and tail incidence adjustment dials too.

Also remember that some planes, particularly older and vintage planes purposely had higher main wing incidence values.

Last edited:
You may have to get into a little more detail about your problem /comment. Your posts is kind of vague. We`re here to help:)

I know ya'll are, and I appreciate it very much. :)

So, and this seems sophomoric to ask, CG aft, craft tends to pitch up, and vice versa, yes?

I know ya'll are, and I appreciate it very much. :)

So, and this seems sophomoric to ask, CG aft, craft tends to pitch up, and vice versa, yes?

If the C.G. is too far aft the nose will pitch up, no matter if the aircraft is upright or inverted.

If the C.G. is neutral, the plane will fly level both upright and inverted with the same trim.

If the C.G. is slightly nose heavy ( desired ) the nose will tend to drop slowly once you power off, BOTH upright and inverted.

To check incidence, set the C.G. neutral. Go full throttle then power off, count one second and go back to full throttle. Invert the plane and do the same again. If this results in no climb or nose drop, incidence is good or perfect. Set the C.G. slightly forward and fly.

If there is too much downthrust, the plane will fly level at high power settings, but climb as soon as you power off.

If there is too little downthrust the plane will fly level at lower power settings but climb hard at high power settings, this can be mistaken for AFT C.G. or bad incidence settings.

You'll find far more information about this if you read up on FAI trimming techniques, etc... for competition planes.

Back