I upgraded my GPU in RF9.5 and now my heli main rotor blades do not show after spooling up!

10Beers53

I installed a new AMD RX6600XT GPU in my Windows 10 PC and now my heli main rotor blades vanish when spooled up! HELP! Has anyone fixed this issue? My old GPU, AMD RX560 worked perfectly. I have tried various drivers with no luck. Everything else works just fine. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

In RF 9.5 the rotor blades are only visible below 400 rpm and above 1450 rpm, would be nice if the RF team fixed that issue.

ALm5wu3H1EaYeUSXAJCIJwxY3ibNARelbM1lk7gp4VF8vw=s40-p

Valentine Michael​

12:47 PM (0 minutes ago)
to RealFlight
On my PC, the rotor blades appear when they are at rest, As soon as I spool them up they vanish, even in idle up 1 and 2! Ugh! Otherwise the program runs just fine. I read the issue is caused by KE's use of DX9. My new GPU is DX12 compatible. I've been using RF since the early Deluxe version and every other version up to 9.5. This does not sit well with me and I'm very disappointed. Thanks for your reply.

What is the rotor rpm.?
Have a look at the rotor rpm in the Nav Guides panel, I have circled the number in red (press 1 on the keyboard for NavGuides)

Click on each picture to see the Nav panel, (does not show on the thumbnail image).

This is what I see on my system in RF9.5

Yes, it is very annoying problem. I use a Nvidia RTX 2080 GPU

Attachments

• above 1400 rpm.jpg
    above 1400 rpm.jpg
    217.2 KB · Views: 4
  • Below 400 rpm.jpg
    Below 400 rpm.jpg
    202.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Inbetween 400-1450 rpm.jpg
    Inbetween 400-1450 rpm.jpg
    303.8 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I don't know the rpm, but let it suffice to say that they vanish and do not reappear at any rpm after that. I tried resetting to the defaults, different drivers, reinstalling; nothing works. Of course, I could reinstall my RX560, but I just spent 300 bones for a RX6600XT! Groan! Thanks for replying.

Thanks to all that replied. Someone suggested I use the editor to turn on the blade lights. I did just that and the problem is somewhat mitigated. Yes, I can now see the "rotor blades", but I cannot see the sunlight on them, which helps me with orientation. Perhaps the next version of RF will be updated with DX12 support.

Happy Flying!

Back